iii

• y/n's pov •

"'Talk to Diluc about it': I'll punch you in the fucking face Captain Kaeya."

Who does he think he is? I thought this was the city of freedom but look who's restricted now.

"Huh! He probably thought I wouldn't."

Wouldn't what, you ask?

The sweet aroma of grape bushes drifted through the evening air.

Golden lights shining from the windows of the mansion illuminated the area.

Dawn Winery.

I folded my arms, the corner of my lips twitching upwards.

I hope Kaeya knows I'm not scared of Master Diluc.

The grass ruffled beneath my shoes as I sprinted down the hill. My feet suddenly came to a halt as a lady in a black dress and a white apron popped before me.

Oh, was this one of his maids?

"Is Master Diluc in there?"

The maid's mouth shut. She was probably gonna say something but I interrupted her. Whoops.

"Master Diluc isn't home at these times," she answered.

My eyebrows raised. "Oh, is he at Angel's Share?" Why didn't I check there before?

"Umm, no. Master Diluc was home earlier and set out with his weapon."

"So he should be near?"

"Master Diluc recommends not looking for him-"

A grin spread across my lips. I spun around, giggles escaping me as the grass began to ruffle once again. "Okay thaankss!! BYE!"

Of course I was going to look for him. Silly maid.

The evening sky soon darkened, night settling in. The stars were nowhere to be seen.

Neither was that Diluc. My legs ached; goddamn, where was he?

I fiddled with my boots, tugging them up as I stumbled upon stone ground. Stone... ruins..?

My breath hitched.

A large sword was held to my throat.

"State your affiliation."

An airy laugh escaped me. That deep voice sounded familiar.

"Knights of Favonius, my guy."

A long few seconds passed. The sword disappeared.

A flash of red.

And he's running...

I span around, sprinting back onto the grass, watching his crimson hair fly behind him. "Diluc! Master Diluc, wait!"

Ah, seriously?!

"MASTER DILUC!!" I yelled. I gasped for breath, desperately dodging the trees and apples that flew off as I dashed past. "I PROMISE I WON'T TELL ANYONE IF YOU STOP!!"

The guy was at least a few metres away from me. At last, the distance began to close. Diluc had halted in his tracks immediately.

I doubled over the moment I reached him. Fucking hell.

"What are you doing out here so l-"

I folded my arms, a scowl quickly forming upon my face. "Don't even ask. I was looking for you."

The scowl wasn't slow to merge into a smirk.

"Darknight Hero," I teased.

The Darknight Hero. The protector of Mondstadt in the hours of the dark till dawn. To be honest, I'd heard knights gossiping about them and how much they wanted to find out who it was, but I never really cared. As long as they were protecting Mondstadt, then fine.