xv

• third person •

(Y/N) sat in silence, her hands rubbing over her face. Her home was silent, except for the constant ticking of the clock, over and over again. Her bed creaked slightly as she bent, hiding her face in her hands.

"Ugh..."

She sniffled quietly, gentle tears rolling down her cheeks.

Why is this all happening now..? Just when I was trying to get better... everything's just coming back...

Is she trying to kill me? I don't want to die... I don't want to die anymore... Why was she trying to give me that..?

A delusion... I don't need a fake power... That fucking...

A knock on the front door downstairs startled her. She wiped her tears rapidly, struggling to catch her breath.

"Wh-who is it?" she yelled from her room.

"Guess!"

She stood slowly, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. She led herself downstairs, before reluctantly opening the door.

"I never told you where I live," was the first thing she said.

His ginger hair shimmered in the dull sunlight. "I asked around." Childe smiled.

"Creep," she muttered. "What do you want?"

Childe was silent for a moment.

"Actually," (Y/N) rubbed her forehead, "come in. I need to talk to you about something."

He beamed, allowing himself to go straight in the moment (Y/N) stepped out of the way. He slipped off his shoes, placing them next to (Y/N)'s on the floor.

(Y/N) walked into the living room, a large sigh escaping her as she slumped onto the sofa. It wasn't a very comfy sofa to be honest. It was quite old-fashioned, but she could deal with it.

"What's wrong?" Childe questioned. He sat next to her, peering at her slouching figure.

"Just... tired..." she murmured.

"You used to say that before too."

(Y/N) looked at him, a sorrow expression ridden on her face. A silent sigh escaped Childe.

He slowly leant over her. (Y/N) didn't have the energy to stop him.

Gently, he pulled her in, running kisses up her neck, towards her lips. (Y/N) glanced at him tiredly. Her eyes fluttered shut.

I hate this... she thought to herself.

Childe's lips met hers. His cold fingers ran across her waist, tingling against her skin.

Gradually, their tongues met. Childe pushed her against the sofa slightly, sighing against her lips. (Y/N) was completely silent.

Childe could tell she was taking no pleasure from this at all.

He pulled away. He instantly noticed her empty gaze.

"You're done..?" she muttered. She averted her eyes.

Childe was silent. He moved away quietly.

"What're you doing here? Be honest."

"At your house?"

"No. In Mond."

He fell silent once again.

"Unfortunately... as my status as a Harbinger, and your status as a Knight... I can't tell you that."