two

5 years later

"I got the roses"

"Red were her favorite" I answered while wiping my mother's grave stone.

Onora Katerina Reyes
Feb. 2, 1972- 2016
"To our beloved mother"

"I can't believe it's been 5 years" she sighed. "and can't believe you haven't changed that awful picture" she took a seat next to me.

"Really Olivia?!" I scolded.

"Yes really! Out of all the pictures you choose her senior picture" she pointed. "Those eyebrows weren't it"she laughed.

"Shut up" I laughed.

"I miss her"

"Me too Liv" I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Wanna go to Rose?" she asked. Rose is our favorite Italian restaurant they sell the best pasta in all of New York.

"Yes" I responded. "but remember it's friday , we have work to do"

_________________________
"Remember be careful and go for the right shoulder"

"Always Liv" I turned to Diego who was waiting for me.

"You better win Katerina" I nodded. "I have big money on you girl"

"I've never lost, don't loose faith in me now Diego" I shot back.

"I'm serious Katerina there are a lot of important and dangerous men out here who wouldn't like it if you lost"

"I know Diego, I know" I sighed "I'm ready"

Here there are no rules you either kill them or knock them out cold before they kill you. I prefer the lateral.

Breath...breath just tire him out and then finish the job. You got this. I got this.

"I present to you ladies and gentlemen your undefeated champion... your favorite... Katerina!" The adrenaline hit me once I saw the crowd roar to life.

All the people here are monsters. Truth be told we are all monsters in our own way some just embrace it.

I study my opponents, there strengths, there weaknesses I learn there every move. I've been studying Edie all week, Olivia and I did our homework on him. I know he got into an accident a few years ago and hurt his shoulder, sadly it never healed properly. He also has a record for being sexist and saying that women are weak and all that bullshit. His pride will be his downfall.

"Common little girl" he smirked.He swing at me and I let him hit me. He punched me right on the rib. Fuck. That's going to leave a mark. He strikes at me again and I dodge it.

"Ok. I'm done being nice" I punched the smirked right of his face. Then I went for the shoulder. Pulling it back breaking it from its socket, while he fell screaming in pain.

And... knock out.

"And your winner Katerina!" Mike grabbed my arm and pulled it up. The crowd cheer some just stayed silent in confusion because how could a girl like me beat a full grown man.

__________________________

I started fighting 2 years ago after my grandfather died of leukemia. I had just turn 18 and I became my sister's legal guardian. Our grandfather left us his house and we had to sell it to pay the bills he left. Luckily I found a gym that was hiring, then I found out about the underground fights and well we needed money. I knew this place was ran by the Italian mafia but I didn't care, I still don't care. There was a time I did jobs for them, well Riccardo to be precise. His family are the Romano's they are the Italian mafia. I don't care who judges me I did what I had to do to protect my family.

"Good job, Kat"

"Thanks Cole" Nicole is the only friend I have who doesn't judge me for anything. I met her here when I started fighting she taught most of what I know.

"That was impressive" I know that cocky voice anywhere, "It's good to see you Katerina you to Nicole"

"Ric, I wish I could say the same" I said giving him a hug.

"I know you miss me Kat" he laughed. "Now, where is that pretty sister of your" he said with a boyish grin.

"Aww did you miss her?"I'm messing with him I know he missed her. "Anyway, last time I heard you were back in Italy"

"Did they kick you out again" asked Cole with a sweet smile.

"They didn't kick me out, I left" he started proudly, "And I'm back because I have work to do, my brother is now in charge and I got promoted"

"Sure whatever you say Ricky" said Nicole patting his back.

"Ric?!" I turn around to see Olivia behind me, "You asshole, why didn't tell me your back" she said hugging him.

"I wanted to surprise you" he said hugging her back, "I just arrived this morning" he answered kissing her cheek, "You changed your hair, I love it, blonde suits you"

Ooo someone is red as a tomato. They're adorable.

"Do you guys want some privacy" Cole cleared her throat.

"Sorry" I answered Liv who was still blushing.

"I wanted to invite you guys to a party" he turned to face all three of us, "It is my brother's birthday next Saturday"

"Free booze I'm in" answered Cole.

"There is a catch" I stare at him telling him to continue, "It's in Milan and before you say no you can take the het with me"

"Sorry we can't I have a fight" I say with a pity smile.

"Really? I manage this whole charade"

"Only if you pay me the profits I would be winning" I know he wants my sister to go and we are a pair. Plus she is still underage and I would never leave her alone.

"Never waste an opportunity do you?"

"Nope." I saw my sister with a smirk on her face, "And also Cole we are a packet of three Ricky, take it or leave it"

"Fine" he muttered.

"Well, I'll see you at home don't stay up to late" I turn to my sister, then pointed at Ric "And you if she is not back in one piece you won't be returning to Italy"

"Bye kids have fun" I grabbed my bag and waved at them. My sister turn and raised her finger at me. How rude.

"Do you want a ride home?" I asked Cole.

"Yes I'll wait for you there"

After collecting my money from Diego, I went upstairs to the actual gym to say goodbye to everyone.

"Took you long enough"

"Sorry" I said getting in my car.

"I can't believe we are going to Italy for a rich people party, Can you believe that?"

"Let's just try to blend in we don't want to get in trouble with these people" The Romanos' are not someone you want on your bad side. I've only met Ric and he is like your average teenage boy, who spends most of his time in New York on my couch eating my food. He told me his family are serious except for his little sister and that they mostly stay in Italy or if they travel they don't stay long.

__________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
                                     -xoxo A.