five

Katerina POV

Last night dinner wasn't awkward. I mean yes it was awkward not seeing your ex in 5 years and finding out he is the leader of the Italian mafia, that you have been working with and he is your best friend's brother. But other than that it was fine.

It made me realize how much I miss him but it was different he was different. He changed and so have I. He asked me about my life and I answered honestly-ish.

_________________________

Tonight is Lucca's birthday and in honor of there Don turning 23 there will be a ball down stairs. Yeah, and actual ball like Cinderella type of shit.

This week I've managed to keep my distance from him. He is usually working and I'm usually out in the city.

I didn't know if I should get him a gift or not. I mean we are staying in his house and it would be rude not to so I went into the city and found the perfect gift for him.

I hope he likes it.

The ball is at 7 so I have 3 hours to get ready.

"I never thought I would ever go to a ball" sighed Olivia who was laying on my bed. "I didn't even know they were still a thing"

"It's a rich people thing" answered Cole.

"Just remember don't get into trouble" I reminded them.

"Of course mother" Cole answered sarcastically.

I was doing a smoke eyeshadow with a full face of makeup. Please don't come out looking like a raccoon.

Knock, know

"Come in"

"hey, why aren't you guys ready" asked Alessia who I've notice has become very attached to us.

I think it's mostly because she doesn't have no one to talk to well except her maid. I know she has an older sister but she lives in Rome and her mother is usually not around since their father's death.

"The party isn't until a few hours"answered Liv.

"Yeah, by the way the whole family and some business partners,my cousins are spoiled bitches so don't listen to them" she said rolling her eyes. "Just try to blend in and try not to mess with these people"

"Ok don't worry about us" she seemed nervous. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah just" she took a deep breath "It's been a while since i've seen mommy dearest"

"Well you look beautiful" commented Cole.

She did look pretty her dress was a nice blush pink with flowers bedded in and her black hair pulled into a low bun.

_________________________

"Are you almost done?!" Cole pounded on the door.

"Wait" I said putting the last bobby pin in my hair.

Ok I look good. Ok.

"I'm done" I said getting out the bathroom.

"Oh wow. Damn bitch you look hot" answered Cole.