nineteen

Fashion week was a success of course, well I did stumble upon a bit of trouble but I quickly removed them out of my way. I am one of the investors for one of the brand. At first it was just for fun and to piss some people off due to the fact that a criminal can grow just like them, but now it's good way to stay legal. I could stop the illegal fighting but I find it quite fun now.

Word has spread throughout the years that I'm involve with Romano's and if they come for me, its like coming for them. Ricky has been a friend and now with Lucca keeping an eye on me at all times, my chances of getting hurt are quite slim. There has been men patrolling the apartment building 24/7, I tried to convince him it was unnecessary but, I think he muted me.

The weekend strolled, Lucca returned to Milan and was flying back out for the party this weekend. When he invited me I was surprised, he usually hated parties well except his own, the only one we ever attended until now, other than when we were younger I but that was different. A girl invited me from school, I was surprised when she did, she usually would make fun of me for stupid things, I soon found out she just wanted him to attend.

She never came back to school after that, I guess I now I know why.

"Has he told you anything about it?" I asked Ricky who was on the couch with my sister munching on some chips.

He turned his head, "No. He only talks to me to order me. He doesn't talk much." he shrugged.

I guess I must have gave away my thoughts away since he added, "To me, anyway. I've always been his least favorite."

I made my way back to my painting, colors played in front of me ready to be touched . The white canvas stared at me, growing up I didn't have much control. But with painting ever choice is mine, the canvas, the color. As a child I had no sense in the world, nor my place in it, I painted what I imagined life to be like, what i wanted it to be like, it was my escape from reality.

My mother always said everyone has there own little thing some may never discover it, but it's there, mine is this the art that I create. It took me a while to have the courage to paint again it just wasn't the same. The excitement as a child to show my mother what i had done and for her to be proud even when she had no clue what had drawn, she was proud, like a mother should.

It felt like minutes have gone by as the sun had now lowered I have realized I've been painting all day. The lighting wasn't the same, there on the canvas was a beautiful house surrounded by a garden and a house. This is what I imagined a happy home.

The door bell distracts me from my thoughts. I make my way to the door seen as no one else was gonna get it, except for Snoop who was already there. I looked through the peep hole, two boxes layed on the floor.

I opened the door cautiously, one was bigger than the other both were in the same black packaging with a red bow tided on top.

"What is that?" Live came in to the counter as I had taken the two boxes.

With the red bow was a black card in cursive read,
A promise is a promise. Hope         you enjoy both of your gifts.
                                       - L. Romano

"Open it" Liv urged as she placed her elbows on the counter with excitement.

I open the smaller one first that was shaped in a square, I pulled the red ribbon off, and took of the lid.
A promise is indeed a promise.

A playful smile layed on my face, there in the box was my gift. Penelope.

"Wow, he really did it." her voice was filled with excitement yet fear, no sane person would go to such lengths to gain someone's trust back, but I don't think we've ever been sane.

Her hair is a mess, and her makeup is caked off as her eyes are closed yet her mouth open, she must have tried to scream. "What is that? Holy shit" I turn my head to see Ric staring at the box. "Is that?" He looked at me as I confirmed his question with a smile.

"We'll open the second box" Liv encourage while Ric was still fazed, "Do you think it's the rest of her?"

"Let's find out" I removed the ribbon of the box same as the lid, there layed a beautiful dress. It was red dress with embedded jewels into them, I lifted the top making all the jewels reflected with light. It was breathtaking, no thread out of place the stitches were handmade which must have taken years.

My phone ringed at the perfect time, it was Lucca. I placed the phone to my ear, "What do you think?"

"I hope she doesn't attract flies" I joked as his laugh tickled my ear his voice I missed it, I missed him. You would think after not seeing someone for almost six years you would be accustomed to not miss them, to not have them, I just want to see him even if it's just for a few seconds. I took a seat on the couch watching the city's lights.

"I'll arrive tomorrow early in the morning the party isn't until nine. I'll be there, to pick you up" he sighed tired as if he hadn't slept in weeks.

"I love the dress" I smiled even though he can't see it.

"I knew you will, you will look beautiful in it tomorrow" his voice was rough yet gentle with his Italian accent , I picture him standing outside with a cigarette on him lips looking out a window just like me, or maybe he's outside watching the stars.

"Sweet dreams, love"

"Goodnight" I mumbled just after he hung up.

_______________________

Two new chapters coming soon!
-xoxo A