seventeen

Kat Pov:

After Lucca left it was hard for me to fall asleep with reminder that five years ago I almost abandoned my own sister. If she ever found out, I don't know what I would do without her.

To fall asleep I had to take some sleeping pills that I haven't touched in years but I need my energy for today.

As the blender squashed my mango and strawberries I made myself some oatmeal. Liv soon waltzed into the kitchen with her usual sunshine smile and blonde ponytail swaying back and fourth.

"Good morning, your in a good mood exited for school" I asked trying to match her energy as I poured my smoothie into a cup.

"No" she answered rolling her eyes, as she took a seat on the stool, "Ric and I were up all night on the phone and it's a sunny day,"

I took a seat next to her as I got on my macbook and started reading this weeks news, it was good to keep up with the local crimes.

"What did Lucca want?" Liv asked as I kept my eyes locked on the newsela article.

"What do you think?" I lifted my eyebrow as I put a spoon full of my oatmeal in my mouth. With my answer Liv's smile grew like the Chester cat.

"Wait did you two" she lifted her eyebrows keeping that stupid smile plastered on her face.

"Oh my god. No!" I answered as a laugh escaped my lips. Liv kept staring at me waiting for me to share something, "We didn't, but he's going to make it up to me" this time a small mischievous smirk appeared.

Liv sighed with a proud smile, "No, you didn't?!" Liv knew me too well.

"Yup" I responded finishing my oatmeal. "I need you to pick up Snoop from Maria's, I would do it but I have to get ready."

Maria is our housekeeper, she is a nice old lady I met at a charity I help out for kids with disabilities where she volunteers at. Maria only comes once a week just to clean up a little, I mostly keep the apartment clean, so she doesn't have to do much work. She lives with her husband who has alzheimer's and takes care of him she's kind and is what I imagined a grandma to be like.

"Oki doki" she responded with a smile.

"Don't say that, please"

___

"Your gonna pay for that you little bitch" Alex slurred as he holded himself together after I may have broken his nose.

"Common pretty boy don't tell me your tired already!"I exclaimed letting the whole crowd hear as they cheered me on.

His gaze was furious as he charged towards me, he grabbed my waist pushing me to the floor. As my back hit the floor I stopped myself from showing any type of emotion to him, while inside I'm crying from the pain. I quickly pushed him off me by turning his body and slamming my elbow onto his rib cage trying to break them, he winced in pain. I stood up waiting for him to get up, as he did I threw in a punch which he caught. Alex twisted my arm but before he had a chance to break it in half, I kicked my leg over his neck giving an advantage as I climbed my way up his shoulders wrapping my legs around his neck, he tried pulling them off as I tightened my grip, I twisted my body, crack.

His body fell to the floor and so did I, I got up and took in another look at what I had done. I won, I guess.

"Your winner, Katerina!" Mike threw my hand in the air as the crowd cheer at my performance.

I got out of the rink, sweat pouring off me like a waterfall, my heart felt like it's going a thousand miles per hour.

"You had me scared for I while" Liv's tight arms embraced me into a warm hug. "But you were amazing as usual"