Chapter Forty-four - The End

It didn't make any sense. Fire had wanted to be free when he first met Dean, why would he turn and force Pans hand like that?

You're asking the wrong questions.

What kind of questions should he be asking then?

If you really want to know why this wolf said it wanted to be free was because the wolf was testing our alpha. But that has nothing to do with what we need to know now, human. Do not trust Hades, do not trust Pan.

Castiel looked between the two gods and before looking down at his untouched tea. He looked at persephone who was staring at him intently, smiling before nodding ever so slightly. The gods were arguing amongst themselves, so now would be the time to make a run for it.

While all of that was happening in the  castle, Dean Winchester stood at the bottom of the mountain, staring up at the gloomy black castle that stood upon it. This world was burnt and scorched, he couldn't survive too long in it. He didn't have much time left, the river of sorrows had eaten into too much of his time.

As he finally reached the top of the mountain he saw the window that Castiel had broken in. At least he had a way into the dreadful place, but what the hell was he going to do when he was in there. He guessed it would be like a damn maze in there.

He slips through and avoids the broken glass as he enters the large empty hall. He snuck around like a theif in the night, using his wolfs nose to scent out his husband. The only problem was however, everything smelt like sulphur and charcoal down here, that the wolfs scent wasn't much help. Maybe his eyes would be better.

It turned out that his ears helped the most, as he heard his husbands voice come calling down a long dark hallway. Dean followed the voice down and quickly stopped and hid when he found a door slightly ajar with voices drifting out from inside. Dean glimpsed in and his heart hammered against his chest when he saw the back of his husbands head. His omega was slowly backing away, not making a single sound and Dean waited.

As soon as his omega got close enough to the door, Dean put his arm into the room and dragged him out, making him jump and almost call out. Dean quickly put a hand to Castiels mouth and put a finger to his own lips before shaking his head. The surprise on Castiels face quickly vanished and was then replaced with anger and hurt. He didn't say anything though and suddenly they both turned and sprinted back up the hallway where Dean had come from and into the huge ballroom to run towards the broken window.

There was a shout from distantly behind them, indicating that the gods now knew Castiel had made a run for it. At least for now, Dean still had the element of surprise.

The jumped out of the window and hurtled down the mountain, Dean still gripping onto Castiels hand tightly. The didn't stop until the saw an opening to a cave on the mountains side and made their way towards it. Once inside, Dean checked around the entrance for signs of any monsters and animals that could be a danger to them. Castiels wolf sniffed the air and shook his head at Dean, indicating that he could not smell anything out of the ordinary. They stepped inside the cage.

***

It had been about half an hour before the men said two words to each other. Dean was angry at Cas for dying and Cas was angry at Dean for dying, even if it was only for 24 hours. The only words that had passed between them was, "are you-?" and "no, I'm not dead. It's a potion."

Finally, Dean looked at his husband and sighed.

"We have to figure out a way to get you out of here, Cas." The omega barely looked up at the words, and sat frowning down at his feet. He was sat up against the hot wall of the cave, legs spread out in front of him as Dean stood St the opposite side, arms crossed and staring at him. "the only way out is on a boat through the river of sorrows-"