Chapter Three - I Now Pronounce You

Dean and Castiel didn't even talk once the whole time the Novak's were visiting the Winchester castle. Apart from the time Castiel had more or less told Dean off for sniffing him in the middle of dinner, but that didn't really count. For the whole time the Novak's were there, Dean was in a bad mood. He woke up in a bad mood, he had breakfast in a bad mood, he studied in a bad mood, he walked around in a bad mood and he went to bed in a bad mood.

The finally the week was up. And for the first time dean was in  he best mood ever as he bounded towards the keep gated to see the Novak family off. When he got there, he could see that Castiel had already mounted a stallion and had his back turned to the castle, looking at the vast amount of land and woods beyond in longing.

"Thank you for letting us stay, your majesty." Anna was saying  to deans father.

"Please my lady, call me John." John laughed and hissed her hand before shaking chucks.

"I guess we will see you at the end of the month then."

"What's happening at the end of the month?" Dean asked quickly, his eyes going wide. John shot him a stern look before standing back and letting the rest of the Novak family mount their horses.

"Dad." Dean strained out in a low whisper. "What's happening at the end of the month?"

"What do you think dean?" John snapped back quietly and dean went quiet, realisation dawning on him. He only had one month left of freedom.

***

For the next month, Dean didn't really know what to do with himself. Word had gotten out about the proposal, which dean thought was ridiculous because he hadn't even proposed! It was getting closer and closer, and just a week until the festivities brought dean into almost having a mental breakdown.

Sam looked sorry for him and his dad just rolled his eyes and told him to get over it but how could he get over it? He was being pushed into the beginning of the rest of his life with somebody he didn't even know. Dean didn't even know if he found Castiel attractive. Sure; the omega had the best scent that he had ever smelt in his entire life but marriage was meant to be more than just animalistic attraction. 

The Novak's came back to the castle to help John Winchester set up for the marriage. When they came, Castiel was nowhere to be seen and Dean only guessed that he had gone to hide in the kitchen once again. He greeted them and straight away made himself disappear, not wanting anything to do with setting up for his own wedding. 

"Dean, right?" Said a voice behind him and Dean swung around to find Castiel's eldest brother, Michael, behind him. Dean nodded slowly, frowning slightly. 

"Yeah." He says shortly and Michael's lips rest in a thin line upon his face. 

"I know what you're thinking. You don't want to marry my brother."

Dean didn't know what to say. He spluttered slightly and stuttered out words. He didn't want to be rude to the Novak's, its not as if they had done anything wrong. They were just trying to do the same as his father was. He also didn't want to appear that he didn't want to marry because that would have been completely unprofessional. 

"Don't worry." Michael sighs as he leans against the wall. "Castiel doesn't want to neither."

Deans eyes widened before narrowing in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, not sure what the older brother meant by that. "What's wrong with me?"

"I don't think its anything against you, Dean." Michael says softly. "I just think that he believes he is too young to marry. He's not completely wrong, i mean he hasn't been through his first heat yet."