Chapter 8

Chapter 8 After the Work

You two finally finished the bed, dresser, couch, and you and Tom were exhausted. Tom put some sheets, blankets, and pillows on his bed- he chose some sort of mystical forest theme that seemed so unfitting for a complicated, sophisticated man like him. You then helped him unpack, refold and hang up his clothes and whatnot.

"Thanks for the help," Tom grabs your waist and pulled you to his side.
"No problem." you reply, yawning and rubbing your eyes. Tom brushed your hair out of your face.

"Want me to walk you home?" he giggled. You look up at him.
"I have work tomorrow," you tell him. "and I-" -you stop and yawn again- "I have to be in by one thirty." you leaned against him.

"What time must you get up?" he asked, holding you up.

"To catch the bus to go to that breakfast restaurant... About eight a.m." you explain. Tom nodded his head and looked for a clock. It was five until ten. Still leaning against Thomas, he swept you off your feet -quite literally- and carried you to his room.

"You can spend the night with me." he whispered, and put you on his bed. You grab the back of his neck, and pull his head close to yours. He looked into your eyes, and then at your lips. You gazed at his perfect face. Blushing, he pulled away. Tom crawled over you, and laid on the other side of the bed.

"I'll drive you to Reneè's restaurant, love." He told you.

"Mhm..." you breathe, not really listening. You hear shuffling beside you. Tom hugged you at your waist again, and whispered into your ear;
"Thank you, love. For everything." he went quiet. And you fell asleep. In his strong arms, again.

~*~

"Wake up, love. It's time to get up." Tom woke you up again by gently shaking you.
"Yes, Tom?" you say sleepily, rubbing gunk out of your eyes.
"It's time for you to get up, dear." he said with a giggle.
"Oh.." you yawn. "Mmk. I'll uh.. Go home and take and shower and change... And stuff." you rub your eyes once more and brush the hair from your face. Standing up, you stretch. Tom put his arm around your waist again and walked with you out his bedroom door, front door, then finally your door.

"Call me when you're ready to leave, darling." he told you when he closed your front door. He stayed at the door. He leaned against it, barely smiling.

"What a doll.." he whispered to himself. He left.

~*~

You take a shower and change into an above the knee teal dress and white ballet-shoes, styling your hair with your bangs clipped to the top of your head. Thinking that maybe Tom would want to stay out instead of going back home, you put your office clothing in a bag with some red heels. The makeup for today was mascara and lip gloss; you really loved the way the gloss made you look totally kissable. You hurried out your door, locked it, and banged on Toms door. He opened it, grinning stupidly, but adorably.

"Hello, love." he greeted you. "You ready?" Tom asked, grabbing your hand.
"Yes, Tom." you answered him smiling.

You and him rush down the stairs, out to door, and into his car. While Tom was driving, you look at the clock built into the dash. It was five after nine in the morning. You wondered what time Tom actually woke you up, because you never arrived at Reneè's Food House until about ten. Then you remembered you didn't need to use the bus today. Tom pulled into a parking spot, right in front of the small building. You jump out, and once again, Tom whined about how he wanted to open the door for you. You laugh and walk into the building.