Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Just Beginning

It was nine p.m., and stores and shops started closing, getting ready for the display.

"Hey, grab a few blankets and chairs, let's set up our stuff outside for the fireworks." Tom told you. You do as he says and stumble outside. You set up stuff on the grass, the small hill right before the beach. So did about forty other people. Tom caught up with a few drinks and snacks, such as grapes and cherries. This was wine country, so these fruits were absolutely marvellous.

You see Billy and Castiel walk by, so you stand and talk to them.

"Hey! Are you guys playing tonight?" you asks them eagerly.

"Oh, hey guys!" Billy greeted you.

"Yeah, we are. Until eleven." Castiel answered.

"I've noticed that you guys play various genres! What are you doing tonight?" you ask them.

"We're doing a little jazz tonight! Also, the star spangled banner. It's basically law here to play that at everything." Billy laughs.

"Oh?" you ask. What a strange law they have! Seems sort of conceited, doesn't it? Playing the national anthem at every meetup?

"Yeah, we have a few friends coming up with us so now we almost have a whole jazz band. It's pretty awesome." Billy laughed.

"Really? How many people?" Tom pipes up.

"About fifteen." Castiel answered.

"Wow! How many of each instrument?" you ask.

"Four saxophones, four trumpets, two trombones, a flute, piano, bass, and drums." Castiel explains.

"Who's the fifteenth?" Tom asks.

"Our friend Corbin, the lead singer, who by the way sounds almost JUST like Frank Sinatra." Billy emphasised.

"That's amazing! I don't know if you guys know this, but I am a huge jazz fan!" you smile.

"Can we meet them?" Tom asks, resting a hand on your shoulder.

"Uh, yeah! Sure! Follow us, guys." Billy and Castiel lead you to a large group of people, all with instruments.

"Hey, guys. Check out our biggest fans!" Billy presented you guys.

"Yeah, they made us make a lot of money the other day. More than one hundred dollars!" Maya explained excitedly.

"Really?" a man with a saxophone asked.

"Ya, they're cool people!" Maya stated. "And they're British..." she whispered. Tom laughed.

"Thank you very much, Maya." you say smiling.

"Oh, no, no, no, no! Thank you!" Castiel insisted.

"So guys, this is Tom's lovely girlfriend," Isabella gestures to you. "And her obviously Tom." she gestured to your man.

"He's a handsome fellow..." a few whispered flocked through the crowd of performers.

"Hey, I'm Patrick." a man with a trumpet shook both of your hands.

"Adrian." a short man with a smile and saxophone introduced himself.

"I'm Abby, nice to meet you." a women in a red, Jessica Rabbit like dress said.

"Aaliyah, hi." a dark skinned girl greeted you two.

"Harper!" a rather young looking ginger boy said eagerly.

"Smith, hey." a tall fellow with a bass in his hand greeted you.

"I'm Luna, very nice to meet you!" a pale, black haired women dressed like Audrey Hepburn smiled shyly.

"I'm Drew, I play the the trombone."

"Vivian!"

"There you have it! That's all of us. Including Maya, Isabella, me, Castiel and Doug." Billy finished.

"Where the hell is Corbin?" Abby yelled. Doug's eyes grew wide and had a spark of panic.

"Whew! Hey guys! Sorry I'm late." a man in a suit laughed breathlessly.

"Where the hell were you? We start in ten minutes!" Vivian yelled at him.

"I lost track of time guys! It's ok! I still made it..!" he explained.

"God, Corbin. You worry me sometimes.." Aaliyah gave him an irritated look.

"Well, it was nice meeting you all! We're going to be sitting right over there. Good luck!" you and Tom bid them all goodbye and walk back to your seats.