Chapter 15

Jess and Madison invited me to go shopping Saturday to get to know each other better. I got Miranda to drive me since she's a little older than me and already got her license.

I was kind of scared. I haven't hung out with anyone outside of school for a while, I don't really get out much. That sounds really sad but, why go outside when you have Netflix and YouTube?

I finally arrived at the mall and said a quick "Thanks, bye" to Miranda before going inside.

We were supposed to meet up at 3 and it was 2:30. I wanted to walk around a bit and look around before they came. I just wanted a little alone time.

I walked around for a while until I got hungry and tired. I got some cinnamon pretzel sticks and a frozen blue raspberry lemonade mixer from Auntie Anne's and sat down at a table.

The food court was buzzing with life and I didn't notice how many people could be in one building. It's amazing what the human species have accomplished.

I mean, how awesome would it be to wake up one day and think of something that could change the world and be an everyday norm for everyone.

I was thinking when I saw three familiar faces across the food court. You can probably guess who they were, based on my bad luck.

Sitting at a table together, eating and laughing, were Laura, Skylar, and Erik. Of course.

I looked at my phone to check the time and was relieved to see that it was 2:56 and that I had received a text from Jess.

Jess: We're here. Meet us @ bath & body works

Me: Okay. C U there in a few

It took me at least 10 minutes to get from one side of the mall to the other after I threw out the remains if my food. Before I left the food court, I noticed that Laura, Skylar and Erik were gone. I just hope I don't see them again.

When I walked into Bath & Body Works, I was greeted by a typical bubbly Jess and a typical chill Madison.

Jess' hair was pulled in front of her left shoulder in a braid and was wearing a dress of which consisted of a lacy white strapless top section and a floral bottom section.

Madison looked stunning, as always, too. She was wearing a sleeveless A Day to Remember shirt and black leggings. Her winged eyeliner was today paired with black lips, straightened hair and a black choker around her neck that had a moon charm hanging down in the front.

We looked around B&B W for a while before Jess bought a perfume and 3 hand sanitizers. Then, we went to a Hot Topic because Madison wanted to.

I've been into Hot Topic before, so I was used to the heavy music playing overhead and the selection of band merch and other things.

But, Jess didn't seem as comfortable. She waited outside the store after one WHOLE minute of being inside! Talk about progress.

"Should I get Breaking Benjamin or BVB?" she asked.

"Breaking Benjamin. I personally think BVB is too overrated." I stated.

"Really? I think they're under appreciated. They're really good and I love the meaning in the songs." she replied.

"Yea, I personally like Breaking Benjamin better but, do whatever you want." I said while looking through the selection on the wall.

"I'll just get Breaking Benjamin." she said and smiled. "I already have like 5 BVB shirts anyway."

She checked out but, not before adding in a wrist band for a band I've never heard of. We headed out and saw an anxious Jess waiting and tapping her foot quickly, arms crossed.

"What took you guys so long?" she asked, scowling.

"I couldn't decide which shirt I wanted but, I'm good now." Madison said to her truthfully.

We then walked into American Eagle, since Jess wanted to go in. We were in the midst of looking through one of the racks on the wall and making fun of everything on it when Jess said something.

"Oh my god. Don't look behind you." Jess whispered without moving.

"Who, me?" Madison said and turned around to scan the store.

"Oh my god. Nevermind. Don't look behind you, Hailey." she said and turned back around to face the wall.

"What?" I whispered.

"Just don't." they both said in unison.

"Um, okay" I said while backing up out of the store without turning around.

I bumped into someone and accidentally fell on top of them like the clumsy person I was.

"I'm so sorry" I managed to get out of my mouth while blushing.

I was trying to get up when I fell down. Again.

"I'm so sorry." I heard a guy say while holding out a hand to help me get up.

I looked up to see who it was and was surprised when I met their eyes.

"Hailey?"

"Erik?"