Chapter 01

Author's note: Okay, I'm just going to say that yes, this book does get better and the chapters do get longer. I've written the chapters over a couple of years and have gotten better while I matured, in my opinion. Just saying. Okay, thank you.

Author's note Part II: It doesn't get much better. Don't even bother, just read my other book. My other book isn't even that great anyway. Just don't read my books. Don't know what i was thinking when I wrote this one in 7th grade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! How are you?

Good?

I'm good too, thank you for asking.

Well, I haven't known what to write in this new diary my mom got me a month ago, so I guess I'll write in it now. No need to waste a perfectly good diary, right?

Right.

So, here I am.

What exactly do people write in diaries?

I'll just write about my thoughts and my life, because what else are you supposed to use it for?

Okay, sorry I'm really bad at writing! I only have a C in English and my mom nearly KILLED me.

It was horrible.

So, my fellow diary,there's this guy. He goes to Lukewood High, same school as me and he's in almost ALL of my classes. Six out of 8, to be exact.

He's so dreamy! My best friend, Laura, always complains that I'm too obsessed with him. But, I don't care. I just really like him.

"Hailey?" she asked suddenly, when we got on the bus after our extra-curricular activities that day after school. (she does cheer,I do art club)

"Yes?" I replied.

"Why do you even like him?" she said while she twiddled her thumbs, her blue eyes avoiding my brown ones.

"Excuse me?" I was surprised.

"He's a jerk, not to mention he's failing all his classes. So why do you even like him? I don't get it."

"He's not a jerk and he's just having a rough patch with his grades." I snapped.

"Still."

"Why do you care?"

There was a brief silence that followed before she finally answered me.

"Because I don't want you obsessing over a guy who's not worth it" she finally said coldly, flipping her straight blonde hair over her shoulder.

"He's worth it" I said, horrified at her comment.

"Whatever. He doesn't even know who you are anyway."

My mouth hung open. I couldn't believe she had just said that. I realized that the late bus was pulling up to my bus-stop and I angrily hurried off toward my house.

Some people just don't understand.