Chapter 19

Hailey's POV:
~~~(short chapter)~~~
I feel horrible.

I cannot believe that I actually did that to Madison. I can't believe that Miles did that to Madison. I can't believe I let it happen.

Should I go over to her house and say sorry? Should I just text her? Should I call her?

I really have no idea what to do.

I texted her an apology.
She didn't answer.

I called her to say that I was sorry.
She didn't answer.

Yup, time to go with plan C.

I made my way over to her house since she mentioned her address one day, but I've never actually been there.

I went on my bright yellow bike and rode off, but not before telling my mother where I was headed. I didn't say why, though.

When I had finally arrived, I noticed that one of the upstairs windows were open, but there were no cars in the long driveway. Maybe she was not home after all.

I wanted to make sure, so I placed my bike on the front of the lawn and strolled up to the door.

I connected the side of my fist on the door. No answer.

I knocked again. No answer.

There was no doorbell, so I decided that it was no use.

I then saw a bit of movement through the glass door. It was a jumpy beagle which like like it was only a puppy.

Adorable. Madison never mentioned having a dog, though.

I tried the doorknob and it was open.

"No, I'm not THAT person" I said to myself, pulling away.

But, maybe something happened.

"Ah, you know what? YOLO" I mumbled to myself before entering.

"Hello?" I said after closing the door behind me. It echoed throughout the house. She had a big house.

"Hello?" I repeated. I thought no one was home, so I turned to exit the house.

I felt a nip on my ankle and yelped. The puppy was now anxiously trotting up and down the stairs.

Just like in the movies.

Except something bad always happens in the movies.

I know I'm very unrealistic, but I decided to go up anyway. Don't want to risk having anything bad happen.

I headed upstairs with the puppy struggling behind. I decided to stop watching it struggle and pick it up to carry it upstairs. It's tag said that his name was Chipper. It was a cute name for such a cute creature.

I placed him down at the top and he went toward one room, so I followed him.

"Hello?" I said while pushing open the door further.

Chipper wagged his tail again and scratched on what I assumed was a bathroom door. I looked around. Yes, this was Madison's room.

I tried to open the bathroom door, but it was locked. I knocked, too.

"Okay, I guess it has come to this" I thought as I took the bobby pin out of my hair and picked the lock.

After about a minute, the door drifted opened and I walked inside.

"Madison?" I gasped.

She was standing on top of the toilet with a rope around her neck, mascara covering her cheeks.

"Madison! No!" I shouted and rushed towards her.

She had stepped off, but I saved her by picking her back up and then taking the rope off of the ceiling.

"Madison" I whispered, shocked.

I sat against the wall with her head in my lap, sobbing, while I ran my hand through her hair.

"No, I'm the sorry one" I whispered to her.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" I said over and over again to her.

Chipper had saved her life.

But, I was the one who had almost ended it.