Chapter 23 - Escape

Chapter 23 – Escaping

Becky’s POV:

Three days later I was about ready to explode. I had taken some of the medication and was feeling perfectly fine, but they wouldn’t release me.

“Just a few more hours and a doctor can see you,” a nurse said as she left the room.

“No, screw this,” I whispered. Mia and Clio came in, followed by Lil and El; I threw the sheets off myself to reveal my jeans, and pulled off the hospital gown to show my t-shirt. “Let’s get out of here.”

They reached under the bed to pick up my last bag; apparently the van, that we had kept, was filled up with stuff, they had done a massive shop and booked the Kesley family into a beachside hotel for a week. That was us, by the way, the Kesleys.

I stood up, and, with a little help from my sister, walked out the door. Nobody noticed us; I dropped a note on the deserted reception desk that read,

I am leaving, I would check myself out but I can’t. Bonnie Kesley.

I signed it, stuck it to the computer and walked out the front door.

“Car’s in carpark 3,” Mia said. She got her keys out and turned to me. “I’ll drive.”

She seemed to have forgotten that she was pretty far away from even having her learner’s permit, and that was pretty much illegal for her to drive; I didn’t really care though. I had my arm in a sling that I had been given, and Clio had nicked a pair of crutches from somewhere, although I wasn’t using them at the moment.

Mia unlocked the car, and Clio helped me into the front window seat; then she climbed over me into the middle. The girls got in the backseat – wait, backseat?

“Since when are there seats back there?”

“Well while you were lazing around being comfortable in bed, we weren’t doing nothing,” Mia said, starting the engine. “We got some seats installed, and bulletproof glass and Bluetooth.”

Clio pulled out a brand new iPhone and went onto iTunes; buying twenty songs, she waited for them to download.

“Put on Fancy,” Lily begged.

Clio laughed and obeyed.

“FIRST THINGS FIRST IM DA REALEST,” we all screamed as Mia turned the indicator on and pulled into the traffic.

“IM STILL IN DA MURDER BI-NEZ, I CAN HOLD YOU DOOOWNN!”

“Shut up you crazies, I need to concentrate!”

I don’t know where she had gotten so good, but Mia was a decent driver. Apart from the times that she was honking and yelling, I wasn’t scared for my life at all.

“So Mi,” I asked. “Where are we going?”

“California baby,” she replied. “Nice beach resort, a week’s stay and then we’ll get back into the murderous super spy secret agent thing.”

“You know I didn’t choose to be targeted and I can’t control when he shows up, right?”

“Yes,” she replied. “But I don’t particularly care, if he messes up my tanning time I’ll kill him.”

Clio giggled and then asked, “Can’t you just kill him anyway?”

“No, I need to be extremely heat of the moment angry to kill people.”

I stared at her incredulously; so did Clio.

“He had people shoot and nearly kill your best friend. She was in hospital for three days, can’t walk properly and is in extreme pain! What the hell do you mean, you aren’t angry?”

“I didn’t say I wasn’t angry,” she replied.

“I can’t believe you.”

“I didn’t say that I wasn’t angry!”

“We added it up,” I told her. “Stop the car.”

She pulled over and turned to me, sighing. “What?”

“Get out.”

What?

“Get out. I’m driving,” I said.

She opened the door and slid out; Clio stood up and I slid past her on the seat. Turning the engine, I waited until Mia was behind the vehicle. Then I put my foot on the accelerator and sped off.

A few minutes later I asked, “Was that unreasonable?”

“No,” Clio replied, “As long as you plan to go back for her.”

“Yeah, better go do that now.”

I switched on my indicator and pulled into a petrol station. I turned around and went back out, going back to where we ditched Mia.

She was sitting on the edge of the road, glaring at the passing traffic. I turned around nice more and pulled up beside her.

“Get in,” I said. “And this time don’t be a biatch.”

She glared and stayed where she was.

“Look, get in if you want or stay there. But I’m going to drive in ten, nine, eight,” I told her.

At three she stood up and opened the door. She climbed in, leaned over and punched me.

“Ow! That’s my bullet arm, you idiot! If you do that again I’ll kick you out again!”

She scowled, and I started driving.

Whatever.