Chapter 16 - Clio

Chapter 16 - Clio

I apologize for the choppy and horrible quality of this chapter; I just wanted to get Clio in. And I’m tired.

Dedicated to @DreamCatcher157 for requesting that I update!

Also outfits in the external link.

We went shopping first; we got a bit of makeup, and some wigs because we wanted them. I noticed it was quite cold again, so I used that excuse to buy a furry jacket.

At the bank, I stepped in and knew something was wrong.

Glancing around, I saw – Collette Hendrick.

Let me tell you about Collette, or Clio.

She was a high school friend; there was about nine of us, the gang, really close and crazy; then the school had cuts, and Mia and I went to another school. She has blonde-brown hair and caramel skin, is medium height, and is one of the cutest people you will ever meet. We had had a few fights, mostly over guys (particularly one Connor Westleigh) but mostly laughed. Clio was always smiling and laughing.

Except for now. Now she was looking terrified.

“Clio!” I called, waving. She was sprinting, glancing fearfully over her shoulder.

“Becky?” She came over and jumped on me, squishing me into a Hendrick Hug. “I’ve missed you so much! I cried for days when you left.” She moved onto Mia.

“Me too – what’s wrong?”

I knew her well enough, even after not seeing her for three years, to know when something was up.

“Hide me!”

“Everyone hit the ground,” someone yelled, holding up a gun. I pushed Clio underneath Mia, Lily and Ellie, but remained standing myself.

“Who are you and what do you want?” I yelled. They turned to me.

“Right, because we’d tell a little girlie,” one snarled.

Again with the little girlie crab-apples! I am sixteen!

“Do you know who I am?” I asked coldly. They raised their eyebrows and laughed.

“As if we’d care, love,” one said. He was the only redhead; I just noticed that randomly.

“I am Agent Bex King of the FBI.” I grabbed my gun and aimed it at Ranga Man. “And don’t,” I said, pointing it at him. “Call me love.” I shot him and turned to the first guy. “Or girlie.” I shot him too and aimed at the next guy. “Any nicknames?”

He simply repeated, “Get on the floor.”

“No. Tell me what you want.”

“We are here to collect our escaped prisoner, Clio Hendrick,” he admitted.

“Why do you want her?” I demanded.

“She was a hostage, and she escaped,” he told me.

“I’ll help you find her; what did she look like?”

I had a plan.

“Um, like brown hair,” the guy said. I scoffed.

“Very descriptive.” I knew that he wouldn’t have noticed much about her; being her friend, I knew her exact eye shade, her skin colour and her best swimming time.

“And uh, I think she was wearing a top,” he continued. Well duh, she was wearing a top. Actually she was nearing a nice white floral crop top, and some black and white jeans; with pink heels. Mia was in a white floral top too, with black and white dog tooth jeans and pink and black heels; I was wearing my Agent #3715 top with some DIY jeans – I had put patches on them and sewn a flower on the pocket – and some black and white heels. Yep, Mia had gotten me hooked on heels; I didn’t wear them all the time but I didn’t hate them, and I wore them.

“How about you go out that-a-way to find her and I can investigate the people in here? I think I saw someone run out.”

I nudged Lily with my foot and she spoke up. “Yeah, a chick with caramel skin ran out and went left.”

Our car was right; L was leading them away from us. Smart kid.

He bumbled out the door and went left, completing my plan. Dumb agent.

“Everyone get up, and get out! Slowly, don’t let him see,” I yelled.

They all left, and I grabbed Clio. I shoved a pink wig on her and tried to put some foundation on her face, to change her skin colour a little. It worked, and I hustled her out the door, and to my car. We had traded to a Prius, a white one; L and E climbed into the backseat and Clio got in the front.

“Mia – wanna drive?” I tossed her the keys, and hopped in the back. Chloey turned to me.

“Are you aware that she is only fifteen?”

“So are you,” Meg pointed out.

“Are you aware that I am in the – oh,” I caught myself. Clio didn’t know about the FBI yet.

“What?”

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.”

“Rebecca Charlotte King tell me right now,” she said. I didn’t shoot her, because she didn’t know what was happening.

Nobody really knew what was happening. The girls were ticking time bombs; I was waiting until someone had a breakdown. They were strong, but no one should have to deal with what they had been through.

“It’s complicated; I’ll explain when we reach the safehouse.”

“Safehouse?”

I sighed. This would be a long day.