Chapter 22 - Leaving

Chapter 22

Becky’s POV:
I sat up groggily, looking around. “What?”
“No! She’s awake. Lie back down there sweetie, you have just come out of an operation.”

“Why?”
“She’s supposed to be under the anesthetic still!”

“Oh yeah, I fight anesthetic and it doesn’t work for as long as it should.”

“Thank goodness she’s out of surgery already.”

“Surgery?”
“Sh,” they told me yet again. I got mad.

“NO! I WILL NOT! I HAVE JUST WOKEN UP FROM BEING DRUGGED, I DO NOT KNOW WHY, APPARENTLY I HAVE HAD SURGERY ON SOME STRANGE SHIZZ. So I will not ssh! I will yell until I get answers! Where are my guns?”

“Guns are the problem here sweetheart – you got shot.”

“Oh no, no no no,” I moaned. “Is this a hospital?”
“Yeah.”

“I can’t be here, I have to leave,” I moaned. I was getting upset, and flashbacks were cutting through my consciousness. I was going to be found! The others would be! We would be killed, or tortured.

I was reaching out my hand, and it grabbed Mia’s wrist. As I pulled her into the van, the door swung open out of reach.

The next thing I can remember was an intense, incredible pain and nearly falling out. Some gabbled conversation, yelling, somebody else’s blood, screaming, and a muddle of indistinguishable nightmares and hallucinations.

“Bonnie! Bonnie!”

“Clio – Mia,” I sobbed, struggling to hug them. “I’m so sorry.”
“For what, you idiot?” Mia said, holding me tightly.

“For dragging you into this, we’re going to get killed, you’re going to be getting hurt,” I sobbed.

Clio’s POV

“Don’t be ridiculous, Bex,” I laughed, rubbing her back. “Seriously, there have been so many opportunities to leave and we didn’t want any of them – we’re in this together.”

“You, me, Clio, Lil and El,” Mia added.

Becky gasped and dropped back into her bed.

“Where are they?”

“Where are who?”

“Lillian and Eleanora!”

“Oh,” we said, trying to remember. Becky went nuts.

“WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS MY SISTER? Bring her here! I need her,” she shrieked, flailing around. It was quite an interesting sight, with her left arm and right leg in bandages.

“Sh, they’re okay, they’re perfectly fine I promise!” Clio shrieked.

“Bonnie Kesley? Bonnie, hi – I’m Nurse Jenkins,” somebody said, coming into the hospital room.

Becky’s POV:

“Can you give us a second?” Mia asked.

“Yeah sure,” she replied, backing out.

“Quick, Becky, sh, sh-sh I need you to focus – you’ll blow our cover!”

That shut me up.  

“Cover?”

“Yes, cover – I checked us in under code names,” Mia said. She looked pleased with herself.