Chapter 3 - Chaos

Chapter 3 – Chaos

HELLO! So just clarifying the characters:

Rebecca Charlotte King (Emma Roberts) – Becky, B, Becksta, Bec, Bex. FBI agent

Mia Caroline Johnson (Ariel Winter) – Mia, Mizzie, M, Miz, Micky, Micks etc. Becky’s BFF (PLEASE TELL ME IF I SAY MEG or MANDY)

Lillian Zoe King (Taylor Dooley) – Lily, Lils, Lil, L. Becky’s sister (TELL ME IF I SAY LAURA or LIANA)

Eleanora  Rachel Watson (Madeline Zima)– Eleanor, Ella, Ellie, El, E. Lily’s BFF (TELL ME IF I SAY EMILY or ASHLEY)

A few streets later, I had calmed down and gotten back into my ‘cool, calm, collected, unfazeable secret agent’ mode.

Nobody was talking, when Kim looked over at me.

“Just tell me when you’re ready and I can tell you what’s happening. And oh yeah - can you get my phone from the glove box, code is 0213, and text Karen Quince ‘Car1 corrupted, safehouse 45 compromised, Bex and friends in Car4 with Agent Kim Lloyd heading to drop off U, will go to Safehouse 3, information packet 7, phone 4’ please?”

I already had the phone and was tapping the message; pressing send, I put the phone down.

“I’m ready now.”

“Let me get a bit further away.”

Five minutes later, she spoke again.

“You know about Leo Glow being bad. We don’t know why, but now he’s after you. We received some intelligence and arrived just as his signal went off – that explosion? We have to protect you, and now your little friends because they are potential targets. We can’t have you at HQ; we can help you for a bit, using safehouses and company resources though.”

Leaning over, she rummaged in her bag and pulled out a shiny white iPhone 5s.

“Like this. You can use it for now, but I’m going to drop you off at a hotel soon. In the phone, in the Notes app, there are details. Go to the room it says, here’s the key.”

She pulled it from her breast pocket into my hand.

“There will be some things there – instructions, car keys, money, another phone. Smash this one, but keep the SIM card. As soon as you can, get to the address it says on the instructions; that will be your first safehouse. There will be more instructions and stuff there, you can stay for as long as you like, as long as it is under two weeks. Keep moving. Go shopping, get makeovers, haircuts, new clothes, get them to change the way you look with fake tan, waxing your eyebrows or whatever you need to look different. Trust no one, but get as much help as you can. Always have a weapon with you, and stay healthy.”

Kim was talking really fast while she explained, and was looking around. After giving me some more advice, more spywear and gear including weapons, and more instructions, she paused for breath. Turning and pulling up to a hotel, she stopped the car.

“This is it; we’re here. Be safe, be careful and – good luck.” She smiled and then leaned over. We had an awkward car hug and then I got out.

“Let’s go, guys.” I ushered Mia, Lily and El out of the car; exhausted, they stumbled onto the pavement and waved as Kim drove off.

Now we were alone, tired and scared. So we went inside and boarded the elevator. It was only then that I noticed everyone except me had thought to bring a pillow; then Mia handed me one that was off my bed.