1: The Child on the Doorstep

"I've always felt death on the horizon; it's all I know."

[1: The Child on the Doorstep] (EDITED)

[Sokovia, Present Day]

[Freya: 8 years old] [Wanda and Pietro: 10 years old]

"Can you tell that story one more time, mama?" Freya asked, excitement jittering around in her bones. She was always eager to hear about the conditions of her arrival into the Maximoff family.

Iryana Maximoff, the young girl's mom, nodded, "Of course sweetie. It was about 6 o'clock in the evening, your father and I were just finishing up dinner when we heard the ringing of the doorbell. Your brother, Pietro, being the eager one he was, raced to open the door. He found no one there; no one expected a little girl on our doorstep. Pietro raced back to your father and I, claiming he had found the craziest thing. We followed him to find you. You were shivering and covered with ice, causing your father and I to take you inside to warm you up. We still have no idea where you came from, but were so lucky we found you, Freya."

Freya grinned from ear-to-ear, "I love you, mama."

"I love you too, my little devil. Now, hurry up and get ready for playtime. Pietro said he wanted to play a game with you."

Freya nodded, very quickly, "Yes, mama."

 ✦ ✰ ✦ ✰ ✦ 

Once Freya had finished brushing her silky locks, Pietro ran into her hard. 

"Pietro, watch where you're going," Wanda reprimanded, grabbing the brush from Freya's hand to hit Pietro. 

"Ouch!" Pietro whined, rubbing the newly reddened spot on his arm, "What was that for?"

"Running into Freya, she could've gotten hurt."

Pietro let out a sigh before turning to Freya, "Sorry, Frey. I should watch where I'm going."

Freya smiled, "It's all right, Ro. You just have to run, Speedy Pietro."

Pietro turned around, a devilish smirk appearing on his face, "What did you just call me?"

Freya gulped, "Speedy Pietro."

"That's what I thought." Pietro began to chase Freya around the apartment, claiming he was the fastest kid alive. 

"More like the stupidest kid alive."

"I'm gonna get you, Freya," Pietro growled. Freya giggled as she hid behind Wanda. He stalked around the apartment slowly while searching around for her. He locked eyes with Freya and pointed, "Since I found you, I'm going to eat you now."