8: Asgardian Escapades with Dev

"The Devil and I are one—we always have, and always will."

"What happens when you die, the Devil takes sole control over your body?"

[8: Asgardian Escapades with Dev] (EDITED)

[Asgard, 2006]

There was a strong connection between the Devil and Eliza—in fact several times they had bonded together as one. Dev insisted that this wasn't strange, but Eliza had never heard of a human bonding together with a demon—and not just any demon, the Devil. This led the pair to Asgard.

Dev assured Eliza that it was an easy trip to Asgard, but that was a big lie. Eliza had to first sneak out of the Hydra facility, and then figure out how one gets to a different realm. Dev explained it was only a simple incantation to get there. Eliza—being bored of reading books on teleportation—agreed to Dev's answer.

All she had to do was light this a green candle with her own flame, while Dev recited the incantation for her.

"Is it done yet?" Eliza whined, still holding a flame over the candle.

'Nope, but he'll be here very soon.'

"He?"

'Why our ride of course.'

✦ ✰ ✦ ✰ ✦

Eliza almost fell asleep before Loki—Dev's old friend—appeared.

"Now, Dev," The Trickster god began, "Is there a reason you summoned me on...Midgard?"

Eliza's head slowly began to fall onto her shoulder until a startling voice awoke her, "Midgardian, why have you summoned me?"

Eliza blinked, "I didn't, Dev did."

Loki titled his head, "So...where is Dev?"

Eliza sighed before exiting control of the body and letting Dev come to the front. Dev spoke in his traditional demonic voice, "Hello, old pal."

Loki—for the first time in his life—was shocked. The Devil residing in the body of a Midgardian? How unheard of!

"What's the reason fore calling me then, Dev?"

Dev thew the body reigns back to Eliza, "Actually...I wanted to call you. I think it's time to figure out why we're like this."

Loki nodded, "You're quite an intelligent Midgardian, and technically the Devil...alright, come with me to Asgard."

Eliza cheered, "Yes!—"