3: Flaming Hands bring Larger Threats

"Howard, are you calling my daughter the Devil?"

"Um..well...yes. She's the Devil"

[3: Flaming Hands bring Larger Threats] (EDITED)

[Los Angeles, 1945]

It had been three years since Steve Rogers went missing, and Peggy hadn't been the same since. She just assumed he'd become one of those guys —one of those guys who became 'I wonder what we could've been.' Unfortunately, Steve hadn't become one of those guys. Maybe it was the fact they had a daughter together, but Peggy (and especially Elizabeth) couldn't forget him. 

During those three years, Peggy threw herself into her work —barely having enough time to take care of Elizabeth. Elizabeth didn't mind, she knew her mom was busy saving the world, and she liked spending time with Howard or Jarvis. Well...not Howard when he had a lady friend over. 

Elizabeth (Eliza as her father called her), didn't have many memories of her father. She'd always try to remember, but she'd come up short. 

Eliza was a very hot-headed three year old, neither Howard nor Jarvis knew where she got this from. It was definitely not from Captain Optimistic, and Peggy got nowhere as grumpy as Eliza.  

On one day in particular, Howard figured out why Eliza got so grumpy. It was because she was the Devil. This didn't go over great with Peggy. 

Peggy was finally returning back to the States, after spending time across the seas in London. This meant it was the last day of Howard babysitting Eliza Carter. He was so excited to be free from the Devil.

"Eliza? What do you want for dinner?" Howard asked, as he looked over to the Carter girl playing with a knife.

"Something fancy," She chimed, before throwing the knife into one of the wooden banisters around Howard's estate. Howard has noticed the destruction of the little girl the first time he babysat her, so he'd always request Jarvis hire a construction team after Eliza would leave. 

Howard sighed, "If your mother knew you were throwing knives, she'd kill you."

Eliza smiled before running to grab her knife that she had stolen from Howard's kitchen, "Maybe if you die, I could use you as a sacrifice to bring back my dad."

Howard blinked a few times, "Um...what?"

The three year old laughed, "I was joking, Uncle Howard. You are so serious all the time. Is it because you miss your lady friends?"