10: Elizabeth? Are you all right?

"He looked at me, like he knew me. Who am I, Winter?"

[10: Elizabeth? Are you all right?] (EDITED)

[December, 16, 1991]

For the past few days, Eliza and Dev were in a fight. Killing had become mundane and boring, leading Dev into the creative idea of  jeopardizing their life to add a bit of spice. This led into many injuries from both the missions, and Hydra. Hydra didn't think it was very professional for the young girl to disregard orders, but it wasn't her fault—leading to more and more chastising, without any disagreements on Dev's part. 

"You're gonna learn, little girl," Vasily Karpov sneered as he sent down a kick to Eliza's stomach. 

She groaned, "Yeah keep hitting me, see what that's gonna do."

Karpov smirked, knowing exactly what he intended on doing—he needed Dev for a mission and nothing would get him out quicker except beating up his little human. 

"I will see what it's going to do, pathetic child. I need to see that little friend of yours."

Eliza rolled her eyes, before tugging against her metal restraints, "He won't come out. He hasn't even spoken to me for a week, so good luck."

Karpov gritted his teeth at the unnecessary insolence of the child, "You are unworthy of the Devil's power—"

"I know. You think I don't know that. It would make much more sense for it to go to a mortician. Or a graveyard owner."

Karpov sent another punch to Eliza's cheek. A cut appeared as his ring infested hand attacked her this time. 

Eliza smiled, "Hmm, I still feel quite human. You may as well kill me, but only if you want to."

Karpov needed leverage—shooting the girl couldn't hurt. He positioned the gun against her shoulder, firing three shoots. The bullets shoot straight through, coming out clean on the other side. A pool of blood erupted through the entrance and exit wounds. 

Eliza cried, "Fuck, you really had to shoot me? Damn, he might come out now. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Eliza sucked in a quick breath, getting ready to retreat back into her body. She gave up control—sinking further into the darkness until...

'Nope.'  Was all Dev said. 

Eliza was pushed back out of the comfortable waiting room in her room. Her face dressed in a valid shade of confusion. 

"What? Why are you still here?" Karpov asked, patience exceeding its limit. 

Eliza laughed before a slight sting of pain ran through the wound, "God, I don't know. Maybe ask the fucking Devil that lives inside of me, idiot."