6: It only comes out to Kill and Make Deals

"I don't understand what's inside of me, but it protects me from harm."

[6: It only comes out to Kill and Make Deals] (EDITED)

[6: It only comes out to Kill and Make Deals(EDITED)

[Siberia, 1948]

Winter was silent the entire way back. He knew what they would do to his goddaughter, and he didn't want to elaborate. If it came down to it, he was willing to accept her punishment. It was outrageous having Devil's first mission when she was so young. 

Eliza couldn't stop fidgeting. She knew she was going to get wiped again. Those two people— Howard and Peggy—knew who she was. Eliza wasn't going to lie to Zola, that would result in more punishments. This all meant, back to cryo for her and Winter. 

Winter looked at Eliza's shaking hands and grabbed them, "It's going to be fine, doll."

Eliza glared at him, "Liar. We're going back to cryo, and I'm getting wiped."

Winter tilted his head, watching Eliza very cautiously, "Why do you say that?"

Eliza sighed, fidgeting with the knife Winter had given her, "Those two people: Peggy, and-uh Howard, they knew me. They called me 'Elizabeth'. I think that's who I used to be."

"I think I knew you before, and them. Why else would I be your godfather?"

Eliza nodded, "Then...who were we?"

Winter shrugged his shoulders, "I have no clue, but it'll be too dangerous to find out. How many times do you want to get wiped?"

 ✦ ✰ ✦ ✰ ✦ 

The pair of assassins made their way back to Siberian Hydra base. Eliza's hands were shaking, but she tried her best to contain her fear. 

"Mission Report!" Zola yelled at the two. 

Eliza winced at his loud voice, before looking to Winter. Winter sighed, "We went to...incapacitate the enemies, and two of them got away."

"Who got away?" Zola asked, clicking his pen in his hand, "Who got away!"

Eliza blurted out, "Howard Stark and Peggy Carter."

Zola looked to the girl with intriguing eyes, "Ah...you've met dear mummy, then."

Bile raised in Eliza's throat as she felt the urge to vomit. She shook her head with a closed mouth.

"You're lying, Devil. Tell me the truth, or I swear to god, I'll get out of you myself."

Eliza made eye contact with Winter, he shook his head frantically.