4: Necessary Violence

"What's your name, Devil?"

"I-I, don't know anymore."

[4: Necessary Violence] (EDITED)

[Los Angeles, 1946]

It was a chilly day in the city of Los Angeles, all the people were quick to return to their houses. Peggy didn't think much of this as she walked hand and hand with her daughter along the streets. Her work had ended for the day, meaning Eliza was back with her mom. 

There was an unspoken silence about Eliza's powers— Peggy didn't want her only daughter worrying about it as a 4 year old. Peggy also didn't want SHIELD or Hydra to find out, but this wasn't fulfilled. 

Hydra had their eyes on Captain America's daughter —the Winter Soldier's goddaughter— for a very long time. They however, didn't know about her devilish powers, only about the super soldier serum. 

There was a big bang that erupted behind Peggy and her daughter, a giant armoured tank began rolling down the street. Peggy yelled at her daughter to get to safety, to which Eliza nodded. 

Eliza ran along the winding streets of Los Angeles, trying to find a safe hideout. She accidentally crashed into a man with a metal arm. She wasn't sure why, but she was drawn to him. 

"Excuse me, I'm lost. Can you help me find my way?"

The man held a blank expression and nodded, "Come with me, Elizabeth."

Her eyes widened, "H-how do y-you know my name?"

He laughed darkly, "Everyone does —who wouldn't know Captain America's daughter. I'll let you in on a little secret. I know where he is."

Eliza's smile grew wide, "You do? Can you lead me to him?" 

"Of course." The man gestured his metal arm to her, to which she held onto.

"What can I call you?" She asked the man.

"Winter. You can call me Winter."

✦ ✰ ✦ ✰ ✦

[Siberia, 1946]

Eliza didn't know what she was expecting when she left with Winter, but becoming an assassin wasn't one of them. She protested so much in the beginning —she couldn't believe Winter lied to her. 

"Let me go!" She yelled, wriggling against the tight harnesses the agents put on her.

The short little scientist, Arnim Zola, laughed dryly, "I'm afraid we can't do that. See...you are a very important asset for us, and we can't have you on the wrong side."