0: Taken from this Time to Another

"I don't think I belong here. Where am I?"

[0: Taken from this Time to Another] (EDITED)

[New Jersey, 1942]

The usually stoic Steve Rogers had begun to pace back and forth. He had just learned that his... girlfriend? Steve didn't know what they were. Whatever they were, Steve had just learned that the Peggy Carter was pregnant with his baby. They had only 'fondued' once, but it was enough to get her pregnant. He knew she was a scary woman when she was grumpy, so staying out of the hospital room (like she requested) seemed good. 

Steve, Bucky, and all the Commandos had a mission; a mission to defeat Arnim Zola. He was to leave a week from now, so having a baby was not something he was planning. 

"Steve, calm down. She's going to be fine in there," Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes explained to his friend. 

Steve sent a pointed look in his direction, "Buck, I didn't even know she was pregnant until I received a very aggressive message from Stark about being there for Peggy and my child."

Bucky placed his hand against Steve's shoulder, claiming, "It will all be alright. And if this child's anything like you, then you'll have nothing to worry about."

Steve nodded, "You're right, very right." 

Bucky patted Steve's shoulder—impressed with his own kind words—before sitting back down in the waiting room. He let his hands run against the cool plastic-like wood. Bucky smiled with his moment of silence, before Steve began again.

"Do you think my child will have the Super Soldier Serum?" Steve blurted out, his expression becoming more nervous-like. 

Bucky stood back up, moving over to sit next to a chair beside Steve. 

"Now...why are you worried about that? If anything, all those bullies your kid is sure to annoy, will have no match for Rogers Jr."

Steve raised an eyebrow, "Rogers Junior?"

Bucky let out a breathy chuckle, "This baby doesn't have a name yet, why not Rogers Jr?"

Steve—for the first time since he got to the hospital—let out a grin, "Thanks, Buck."

"The only thing you should be worried about is that your child will inherit all your stupidness."

 ✦ ✰ ✦ ✰ ✦ 

Peggy Carter had not planned on getting pregnant (although with Steve's lack of knowledge through the world of 'fonduing', she should've known), but she was excited nonetheless. Having a child wasn't something she was ready for this early in her career, but with Steve, she felt ready.