"This group is so much better than..."

Just the whole comparing groups thing...

I think I did a chapter about this on my other book...

But I'm just gonna dive into it a little:

When fans of a group say this: specifically 'underrated' groups.

"Why are groups like *insert popular groups from big three* popular when *insert underrated group* exists... shows that kpop stans don't look for quality and only care about popularity 🤦‍♀️ "

I'm sick of seeing people shading popular groups from big companies just because their fav 'underrated' group isn't that big.

I get it. It's frustrating when you stan a talented group and they haven't gotten the recognition they deserve.

Bitchhh I'm still waiting for DC to get it their first win 😭

But do I blame other groups for 'robbing' Dreamcatcher? No. All groups work hard and don't deserve hate for getting recognition for their work. Why would I be jealous of other groups or spread them hate when they are just making music and doing what they love??

Do I think they DC are more talented than other groups I stan? No I think all groups I stan are equally talented.

"Popular groups don't have meaningful lyrics or anything memorable. But fans still eat it up"

Like I stan Gfriend and also Lovlyez (kind of). And people say they deserve more popularity but some kpop stans "have no taste" and only stan "groups with meaningless lyrics"

First of all whats wrong with music that just makes you want to move or dance? Not all music has to be 'meaningful.' I love both kinds of music.

I just think some of y'all fans of underrated groups can praise your favs and wish them success without tearing down popular groups. Usually Blackpink is the victim to this and people use them as an example of a group who "doesn't deserve their popularity because of their lack of creativity." And most groups from the big three.

It's like y'all think your cool and 'not like other kpop stans' for liking underrated groups over popular groups but the truth is you ain't? 💀 you ain't special. And stop comparing.

Both underrated and popular groups slay. There's no difference except companies. Stop tearing down popular groups just because you're pressed.

If I am being honest I honestly think underrated groups are starting to shine...

Look at TBZ. They had a big breakout after Kingdom and their fan base is growing. Loona nearly disbanded after debut because their company was loosing money but they also made a break through and won their first win with So What. Ateez has also been rising very steadily. Rookie groups as well have been able to make a steady raise/fan base for themselves.

I know there are some groups out here who are still underrated. Like GWSN, VIXX (pls tell me y'all know who that is-)...

But I honestly feel like the gap between the big three groups and other groups is getting smaller... smaller groups are starting to get more of a chance in the music industry... and I can't wait :)

But please don't blindly tear each other down.

It's also worth noting that remembering that views don't make a group successful. It's not all numbers.

For instance, Dreamcatcher may not have one their first win but with every comeback they have showed the public everything they have to offer. They are so consisting work their performances and give it their all while staying true to their sound that it has gained them so much attention internationally. Even tho I wish they got their first win. It's not the end for them.

Groups from big companies = groups from small
Period. Even if you only stan big groups of only shah small, appreciate all. They ALL work hard and don't deserve to get crapped on because some merely have better opportunities. Don't think idols don't work hard in big companies... cause... come on, you don't think it's worse for them since they have 'big three' pressure?? Training is also inclusive and hard.. and obviously groups from small companies struggle as well so let's acknowledge that they have both struggled...

And okay I'm not gonna lie that some kpop stans, not all, do stan based on what's popular... BUT NOT ALL DO!! Don't blame the fans :/ there's a lot of reasons why a small group may not be popular too.

- Lack of international promotion (Pentagon)
- Company screwing them up (CLC prime example)

ANYWAYS STAN WHAT YOU WANT BUT RESPECT OTHERS