Rosé Solo

Okay don't hate me...

But I wasn't as crazy about Rosé solo as I wish I was.

NOW LISTEN! I don't hate it.

Honestly the only song I ever hated in the world is Ice Cream 💀 and a few western songs but we not getting into that 👌

Let's talk about likes:

First of all, actress alert Rosé she really making us feel stuff 🥺🥰

And the MV also was once again so aesthetically pleasing. Don't get me wrong, Sm have such expensive and entertaining MV's but for me Yg has the most aesthetically pleasing yet realistic ones. They are like a cross between fantasy and reality and I love it. The setting totally suited the song and made Rosé literally shine.

I also love the song style. Like emotional songs really suit Rosé and I'm happy Yg utilized her low and high register sm ❤️ They have her the perfect song. Or she created the perfect song for her actually-

High notes as well beautiful.

Also as well... idk why the hell I saw people complaining about it not being enough 💀 she's the main vocal and got two songs. Yes okay it may not seem like that much but tf do you want?? Jennie got one solo and I'm not saying this to compare because Rosé deserved two songs but like... why do y'all want an actual album of 5+ songs?? Blackpink is first and foremost a group... no offense but they shouldn't be doing that much individually because they haven't really produced that much out as a group or really focused as a group... so I think wanting them to have full solos and albums is a little insane... they have to be more established as a group.

Plus again... two songs is good wdym?? Why did y'all expect an album anyway when the only person who said you would get an album was the old crusty ass Yg manager 💀 stop complaining I personally think what Rosé got is fair considering she is the main vocal and people did want to hear from her.

Now...

Negatives 😬

If I'm being honest this isn't really a song I would listen to. I feel like this could have been a nice ballad and I get it, Gone was a ballad so they probably wanted to go with a differently styled song, but I just feel like On The Ground could have easily been a ballad if not for that slow wined down beat drop. Idk with some nice instrumentals it could have been so pretty and match the emotional lyrics. The weak beat drop kind of weakened the song for me...

It felt like they tried to make that song more pop but kind of failed...

The high note she did was beautiful but I feel like OTG didn't really showcase her voice as much as it should have. Ofc like I said before we have Rosé exploring her tone more in this album, but I hear more of her vocal capabilities in Gone than OTG. Maybe it's because her voice is more suiting to ballads so Gone was just perfect for her? Idk. Or maybe I'm just saying this because I kind of felt like OTG was musically boring... for her.

I also feel like she should have explored a different theme in a way because it was kind of a replicant of Gone to me except maybe more personal yet 'poppy.' There wasn't that much variety but I mean, it is only two songs she released lol. I just wish she explored in a different style. Maybe fixed that beat and added some layering idk- it just felt too simple for what could have been a powerful song.

Lastly... don't @ me but I didn't like that this relate and the album in total was in English...

Look I have nothing against my native language lol. I also know what I have said before, I don't care about kpop groups westernizing but honestly Yg is really pushing Blackpink forward and I know why they are doing it, because marketing and popularity low key. 👌 I get it, money. But idk... I feel like I would have enjoyed the song a little more if it was in Korean.

I still LIKED the songs and appreciate that she did make them in English but I just wonder if she felt like she had to/Yg had an influence or she did it herself 🤷‍♀️ there's just something special about kpop that I like more than English lyrics...

But this is also a problem with Blackpink I'm noticing... Even their album had mainly English 💀 nothing wrong with westernizing and all but... Yg is really pushing it.

You know how BTS is known in America as basically 'another pop one direction; pretty faces type thing'

Well Blackpink is literally starting to be known in America as a group of Ariana Grande's or Little Mix... pretty faces and pop sound when that's not what they are about... but Yg isn't helping their image by pushing out English songs, just saying... like at least give us the title in Korean if the other song was already in English 😫

Anyway... in conclusion I prefer Gone over OTG. I feel like it suited Rosé more and showed her capabilities much more. :P it also just hits harder for me even tho OTG is lyrically more beautiful. I feel bad that I didn't like the song as much as I thought because I was truthfully super excited for the song but nonetheless I am super happy for Rosé because she deserves the love and attention. Hate to say it but she's been underrated these days so if not anything I hope these songs can slap haters across the face 👋

Also just because I didn't enjoy the song that much doesn't mean I'm not gonna listen to it a bit 🤷‍♀️ love Rosé and it's not a bad song at all. I'm not hating on her or her abilities because queen can sing. Gone is just more my cup of tea ☕️

😌

Don't spread toxicity and GET THOSE STUPID SPAM COMMENTS OUT OF HER MV THANK YOU