Dreamcatcher album review:

Edit: I started this when the album came out but I got lazy and just finished it now because idk my motivation is weird. ANYWAY CAREY ON.

***

BECAUSE YES!

First of all... even if you aren't a Dreamcatcher fan I really recommend checking this album out. Yes they have that rock appeal but they also explored a lot with production styles that it's just immaculate. There's futuristic vibes, and fantasy type vibes, club vibes. Even some slow jazz to ballad to a hard hitting chorus 😱 😍

Anyway let's start:

ALSO THIS IS AN ot7 COMEBACK YES!!! HANDONG IS BACK!

***
1) Odd Eye

I'm skipping the intro cause I mean... it's just a guitar. BUT IT GETS YOU REALLY HYPED NGL.

Okay so Odd Eye.

I'm gonna be honest. First listen I wasn't sure about it. But idk what my first listen self was thinking cause this song is a bop!

I think the only reason why first listen it didn't stick with me was because my expectations were a little too high after Scream and BOCA 😅It's not that Odd Eye was worse. It's just that Scream and BOCA both had killing parts for me that when I watched the MV, literally had me speechless and amazed. In Scream it was Gahyeon's rap and chorus demonic voice, BOCA it was Dami's iconic rap and Siyeon's high notes. And in Odd Eye nothing really stuck out to me at first listen.

AT FIRST!

Once I listened to it again the song just instantly hit me 😱

First of all...

Dami's rap is a killer wdym? And Sua literally slayed... her dancing is unreal I was just made aware of her freaking skills. Yoohyeon's visuals actually slayed me (all of theirs did tbh they never fail to bring out the inner gay in me-), but the blue hair was a yes!! 👏

Vocal harmonies were amazing!! And I love the meaning of the song... there's no such thing as a perfect world... you have to find the perfect in the world you have already... you have to cherish the good.

And choreography? Um hello??

Y'all can't tell me it ain't lpwrfect. The way their choreography fits so well always ugh-

Anyways love this song: 9/10 (I'm sorry Boca and Scream are still superior for me but honestly this era has the best visuals and theme)

2) Poison Love

Yea yes yes yes yes

I can't even describe how much this song hits. Especially the end where you think it's gonna be one last beat drop and it's just a lingering beat and Siyeon hitting a high note at the end, ugh, beauty.

Just the lie 'why do you make me cry...' parts kill me.  It's about a toxic relationship and for some reason it just hits.

10/10

3) Wind Blows

This song is like 5 genres in one. You have a ballad type sound and then it goes hard then switches again...?? It kind of reminds me of Good Night or Fly High? But a little softer. The 'be on your side' part gets me. Plus Handong freaking slayed this song. Her voice is perfect for ballad. I'm glad they made a performance for this song because it needed a choreography. Title track worthy tbh.

9/10 I didn't listen to it that much at first but it grew so much on me because if the genre switch ups.

4) 4Memory

MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM! The freaking harmonies between Siyeon and Yoohyeon at the end end me every time. Plus the production is AMAZING! I love the sound effects in the chorus it honestly really fits, and the pre chorus is freaking heavenly.

And the fact that they somehow made a rap fit so well in here I cannot- it kind of reminds me of Can'f Get You Out Of My Mind. It gives me a nostalgic feeling. Like you're playing it on a car ride idk- it just is so soft...

1000/10

5) New Days

Dreamcatcher ain't Dreamcatcher if they don't have that anime sounding song as well. I admit I listen to this song the least but it's not because I hate it. For some reason I just don't listen to it as much as the other ones but I still love the song. The harmonies uGh this album really showed the vocals of the members.

It's just a refreshing DC song (Fly High vibes) because I'm honestly so glad that through everything, then facing disbandment and all (they have a pretty sad backstory and have almost disbanded which is why they don't have that many songs released for a third gen group), they still stayed true to their sound. Especially since the rock kind of concept isn't really popular in Korea. Especially not really with gg. They never loose themselves tho 👏

7/10