MAFIA IN THE MORNING

MIGHT BE MY NEW FAV ITZY SONG LOW KEY. It used to be Icy but now it's MITM.

The concept is just immaculate. I love the kind of mature style they have going on this comeback. While also keeping it appropriate for Yuna. (Who mind you is still a teen).

I just think this was the perfect blend of bad ass teen crush to mature and dark sounding and I love it so much!! Y'all know I love it when girl groups utilize a dark theme. I already love the styles and the looks this comeback.

I did like the MV tho it seemed a little plain compared to their previous ones it suited it.

Song itself is catchy af the pre chorus is amazing and Lea snapped!! Her vocals on the first pre chorus was heavenly. This song is perfect for her elegant voice. I kind of wish she had more lines I feel like I didn't hear her that much but she still shined.

Yeji? Queen honestly she kills it at dancing, can rap and sing... ACE.

Ryujin? PLS IM OBSESSED WITH HER LOOK THIS COMEBACK!! The longish hair with highlights. Her flow was even better. She's improving with rapping every comeback honestly and I can tell this concept is also suiting her cause she's badass. Can't wait to see stage performance.

Yuna? Okay don't come at me. I honestly think Yuna really stood out. I'm sorry but this is the most I have heard her. This concept REALLY suited her. I never heard her voice like this. This level of darkness 🤩 wowwww!! I can't wait for in the future when they do some mature songs because she will kill it. Her rapping has also improved and PLSSS did y'all see her finger gun in the choreography? Lead dancer.

'Ring ding ding ding' will live in my head forever I don't care-

Chae? She honestly deserved more I'm not gonna lie. Kind of feel like Chae stans are gonna talk about how she was robbed :/ and maybe ruin this comeback and honestly it's JYPE's fault for giving the other members an era but kind of signaling out Chae? I mean, ofc I love her. Her vocal tone did stand out too and I do love her voice!! But I feel bad we didn't hear her that much. She kind of got Lea's leftover lines :/plus she didn't get that much screen time or center time so honestly I do understand if Chae's biased people are disappointed because she definitely did deserve better. NONETHELESS SHD DID SLAY OFC!! And you know I'm not one to read into like distributions, I just feel like Chae deserves as much as a focus as other members did in their eras. For instance Ryujin was center in the dance break during wannabe and had a killing part and really just took over. Chae deserves that here.

But you know what forget JYPE, we decide who owns what era. If y'all think Chae did OWN IT!! I haven't heard the album yet so maybe she shines more there.

Anyways, the song was great, love the rapping, the sass and dark style, and the choreography?? OMGG can't wait to see it live I love their choreography so much. JYPE is really stepping up with their choreography. Plus the stylists are gonna be the death of me I know these outfits are gonna be good.

I'm just so excited because I know I will love this era and album because I already had glimpses of snippets and it's just BEAUTIFUL!

Anyways check out Mafia In The Morning

***

Also Enhypen? Not ashamed to say I loved Drunk Danci pls it's a whole ass club bop. I love the production.