Jennie: (Solo)

Not gonna lie. Sometimes I feel like Jennie's solo shouldn't have happened.

Let me explain!! Listen, I love her Solo so much. It's catchy and I love the instrumentals and the calm yet bitch vibe lol. Her rap was fire and the bridge is just beautiful, hits me everytime I swearrr-  Especially seeing her cry.

I only wish it were longer tbh :(

BUT, the era was just disappointing for many reasons.

Big reason why?

YG.

Now let me explain from the perspective of 'fans' for a second (I say fans cause lets be honest these people ain't fans)

This was during the time when Blackpink hadn't had a comeback in so long (since d4) and fans were getting bored and restless waiting. YG says nothing regarding a comeback date and instead suddenly just comes out with one member doing a solo debut without warning?

Obviously many are gonna be annoyed. But instead of being annoyed with YG they blame it on favoritism regarding Jennie and say she is getting "everything handed to her" as 'YG's favorite" when Jennie's Solo wasn't really supposed to be this BIG thing. It was YG's way of 'testing the waters' to see if the girls doing solo projects would be a good idea in the future. Jennie was basically the hamster in the experiment to see how her solo responded to the public to set the future for the other girls in the way. Plus Jennie was also the longest trainee in Blackpink so it does make sense why YG chose her since she spend more time on her skills. Not to mention whether yall want to admit it or not she is an ACE. (I know her stamina holds her back from dancing but when she wants to she can really feel it okay-). Point is, she was selected to do a solo debut. But instead of being happy for her, the fan base took it as:

'Why does she get a solo over the main vocalist? Nah, why does she get a solo at all?'

'Should be a group comeback, not her

The way YG put her out there was detrimental. YG should have waited till KTL to do her solo. Least then I feel like blinks would have responded in a more positive manner since they would have been satisfied with a group comeback and more tame knowing that Blackpink was still Blackpink and they weren't gonna start as soloists or split apart. Whereas when just Jennie came back... some people thought that it was YG's way of starting to pull them apart since YG said literally nothing about a comeback and instead focused on Jennie. They were also again just annoyed since they have been waiting for a group comeback and instead got a solo which separated them as a group greatly (and kind of put them behind cause it's true that even tho Blackpink IS doing well, they are 'behind' third generation groups in terms of music release).

AGAIN, im not blaming Jennie for this. I'm blaming YG!!! YG should have released it after a comeback or at least tell blinks a comeback was coming and explain why Jennie was getting a solo instead of suddenly springing it out on us. Ngl but the reaction Jennie's solo got was kind of justified (not the hate part of it, but the shock since none of us were expecting it).

Not only did the solo lead to awful hate to the poor girl that YG also did shit about (and neither did the 'fandom' yall claim to love 4 but this era shows otherwise). But I honestly think this started the solo stanning because you had anyone who wasn't Jennie biased (it felt like), saying Jennie didn't deserve the solo first and underminding her talent. You had blinks pissed that their bias didnt get a solo saying that it felt like Jennie was getting favored because Lisa or Rose or Jisoo weren't getting a solo. (granted this started happening after jennie's solo when people realized that it was only Jennie getting a solo but still). Blinks were mad at her and then started making the fandom like a competition, deciding 'okay well if she gets a solo then blackpink isnt a group. My bias deserves to shine... my bias will shine MORE!' <-- that toxic ass mindset that led to the whole Jensetters, Lizards, Rosenators, and Sooyas.