5. It wasn't a Dream

Changsub's POV

Changsub was walking hand-in-hand with Irene. He looked at her and she was smiling brightly.

"I love you," he said.

Irene didn't answer. People started walking towards them.

"Don't let go," Changsub held her hand tightly but she slowly let go of his hand and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Changsub asked. He tried to run towards her but he couldn't move, "Joohyun-ah!"

"I'm sorry, Changsub," Irene said as she walked towards a man.

"I'm sorry, too," said Minho as he put his arm around her, "I will take care of her more than what you did."

"What? What are you doing! Joohyun, come back! How-"

Changsub suddenly was able to move but he fell into a hole and then everything went black.

I wish it was all a dream.

But he knew it wasn't.

Changsub slowly opened his eyes. He knew the familiar smell of the bed as well as the familiar softness of the pillow. He had hoped he was wrong but he wasn't.

"I'm glad you're finally awake."

He didn't turn. He was in their house. Changsub wanted to curse at himself. This wasn't the first time he woke up here after a long time, "You should not have answered my call."

He felt her sat on the bed, "You were so wasted. I had to ask..." She seemed to realize what she was about to say, "I had to ask someone for help to bring you home."

Did she ask Minho? He scoffed, "Next time, if this happened again, do not answer my call." No, I'll make sure that it won't happen again.

She didn't comment on it. He heard her poured a glass of water,  "I never saw you got so drunk before."

Changsub say. His headache was overwhelming, "Do you want to know why I was this wasted?"

"Changsub..." she sighed, "Here. Drink some warm water. Is your headache worse?"

"Not as worse as my heart feels," he sat away from her. He took a deep breath.

It's been months since he discovered her affair. He hasn't shown himself purposely to her. But his unconscious mind would always call her whenever he had drank a lot.

Changsub realized that hadn't asked her about the affair. It's because he was scared what she might say. But I have to ask... I have to know.

He took a deep breath, "Why did you do it?"

"What?"

"Why did you cheat on me?" There... I finally said it.

He thought he would feel any satisfaction of saying it in front of her but he regretted it the moment he said it.