21. Letting Go

Chorong's POV

What is this? Is this a dream?

She looked around.

Everything was bright but Chorong knew where she was: the bookstore where she used to work.

"This was the place where I met Minhyuk," she whispered.

She saw a familiar back standing exactly where she met him.

"It's been a long time," Chorong smiled.

Minhyuk turned around and smiled. He nodded.

"How are you?" Chorong asked and pouted, "What took you so long to visit me?"

He didn't answer.

"Are you mad at me?"

He shook his head while smiling.

Chorong giggled, "I missed you."

Minhyuk sighed.

"Did you miss me?"

He smiled again. And turn his attention back on the shelf.

"What are you looking at?" Chorong asked as she looked at the shelf, too. There were lots of books but no titles.

"Minhyuk?"

He grabbed a book and gave it to her.

"What is this?"

Minhyuk pointed at the title.

Chorong just stared at him and emotions feeling up her heart, "Why are you not saying anything?"

He laughed a nostalgic one. Minhyuk held her shoulder and slowly pulled her towards him.

She inhaled and smelled the familiar scent. And somewhere in her heart, she knew this might be the last time he would visit her for a very long time, "Are you leaving?"

Minhyuk broke the hug and nodded.

"Please, say something," Chorong said quietly.

He shook his head and gave her an assuring smile. Once again, he pointed at the book she was holding. She finally looked at it and even though it was a bit blurry, Chorong knew what book it was.

"This..." Chorong looked up. 

She realized something that made her heart felt pain and hope.

"I received this book... the day you..."

Minhyuk nodded and gave her a sad smile.

"Please say something."

He closed his eyes and hugged her again. She felt every niche of him, trying to memorize him but her heart won't let her..

"Is it okay that these things are happening?" she whispered.

Minhyuk smiled and she felt that it was a smile of goodbye.

She nodded, "Thank you."

He smiled and walked past her.

"You know that I love you, right?" said Chorong.

Minhyuk stopped and turned to look at her. She just realized that he was also wearing the same clothes he wore the day of his accident but looked as alive as ever, "I know."

"You don't have to worry about me anymore," she said as she started to cry.

"I know," he repeated, still smiling.