26. Stay with Me

Chorong's POV

"This is good," Chorong said as she tasted her spicy chicken soup, "Junmyeon, don't forget the pickled radish. Why do we have to run out of it especially today?" she murmured.

"What else?" Suho appeared with Nara, "Wow... This is a feast!"

"Who else would cook anyway?" she rolled her eyes and smiled.

The two of them shook their heads, "But you don't really prepare this many," Nara reached for a rolled kimbap.

"She invited her boss and her boss' friend," Suho also took a bite as well.

"Go! Go! Don't eat it more," she pushed the two out of the kitchen just in time for Hoya to appear from upstairs.

Nara waved her hands at the both of them, "Bye! Howan-ah, don't do anything to Chorong, okay-"

"Let's go, let's go!" Suho pushed her towards the main door.

They were silent for a moment when Hoya entered the kitchen, "Chorong-ah?"

"Hmmmmm?"

"Is there anything I could help you with?" he scratched his head.

She laughed, "You know how bad you are in the kitchen. Why not just stay here for a while?"

"All right," he pulled a chair and sat in front of her. Hoya poured himself a glass of water.

"I love your song by the way," Chorong sang parts of it, "It feels like I'm dreaming, Don't let go of my hand, as if it's the last time..."

Hoya laughed, "Wow! I didn't know you're monitoring my songs?"

She glared at him, "Of course! I always love your songs! It just surprised me you release a sad song this time. Angel was... It's not for kids."

"'Not for kids?', he looked offended, "Anyway, I'm thankful my song reached you."

"Oh," she was caught off guard there, "Oh yeah, it has great emotions and you improved a lot with your songwriting!"

"Yeah," He brought his phone. They wore both silent for a few minutes, "By the way... how did you know Changsub?"

Chorong was thankful he changed the topic but was quite surprised it was about Changsub, "Well, let's say... He was the person who took care of me during my flight going here."

"Took care of you? How?" 

"Yeah," she cleared her throat trying to sound as normal as she could, "You know how hesitant I was riding a vehicle, right? He sort of calmed me down with his songs."

"Songs?"

She nodded, this time she couldn't hide her smile. It's always a precious memory for her now that she talked about it.