16. A Connection

Changsub's POV

"Joohyun?" Changsub tried his best to recall what happened last night.

After they went home, Jinyoung dropped him off at the house Jinyoung bought for him.

I stayed up for a moment to fix the first batch of the books I have... And probably another beer but... 

He sighed, "Did... Did I call you again last night?"

"No..."

Changsub heard a sniff, "What happened? Are you crying?"

The question seemed to trigger Irene's emotion, "Changsub... Where are you? I need you..."

He had to stop himself or else he would've flown where she was, "Tell me what happened."

"Changsub... I'm sorry for what I did."

He walked few more steps away from Chorong, "What's wrong?"

"He left me. He didn't want me... "

Changsub cursed under his breath, "You're telling me your problem is Minho? You are really telling me that?"

"I have no one else to talk to... You know you are the only one I have."

Had, Changsub thought, I was the only one you had but then you killed me.

"What should I do then?"

"I need you... You're the one that I need. Not him," She sobbed, "Changsub, please take me back."

"Why do you make it sound so easy?"

"Do you not want me anymore?" she asked, pain in her voice.

But he considered it for a moment. Changsub always wanted to hear it from here: Take me back.

His friends asked him about this before- what if Irene asked him to take her back?

Of course, I would. That was what he wanted to say.

But he couldn't.

He thought he was ready to accept her again but... Am I really going to accept again the person who broke me into pieces?

He always pitied himself especially these past few months. He wanted to crawl back to Irene's arms and pretend nothing happened. He just wanted to live how their life was.

But that would be impossible anymore.

Changsub slowly looked at Chorong and was lucky enough to see her smile.

She's beautiful.

Not only that... Chorong radiates warmth...

The warmth that reaches my heart.

Changsub smiled as well, "How about my happiness?"