27. Shelter

Changsub's POV

Of course, it hurts. I'd be lying if I said it didn't.

Suho knocked on Chorong's door and stopped immediately when he saw them. Changsub didn't want to say anything but he was glad he was able to pick up what was happening.

Chorong's friend nodded at him, acknowledging the situation.

"You're brave, Park Chorong. You really are," he said and took her in his arms, "You can cry."

He felt her arms around his neck as she continued to sob, "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault. It would never be your fault," he consoled her. 

He looked at Minhyuk's portrait. He wanted to get mad at him for leaving Chorong. He wanted to scold him for being irresponsible of not fulfilling his promise to her.

Then, now, and forever? What forever?

He looked at the woman in his arms and hugged her tightly. He knew if that didn't happen, Chorong wouldn't be in his arms and he knew it would've been better.

But things weren't like that.

Chorong's in his arms made him remember what Jinoung said.

The important is present... And right, Chorong has become the most important to me.

She told him that he is now her source of courage and that made her to him as well. 

I would make her happy, he promised in front of Minhyuk's portrait, Don't worry about her. I will take care of her.

Chorong broke the hug, "Changsub, I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry to me?" he looked at her dearly

"I don't know... My heart," she looked at the picture in front of them, "I thought I am ready but  I could still feel him here."

Changsub has to be careful not to show any pain, "I know."

"I'm sorry..."

He wiped her tears, "Just like what you said, I would be here- your courage. And I need you as much as you need."

Her lips trembled and nodded.

"And I don't plan on replacing him. I want you to accept me in your heart when you're ready," Changsub held her face smiled, "I will be waiting."

Chorong looked down at the ring he was holding, "Here

Chorong looked down at the ring he was holding, "Here."

She took it from him and put it back in the box, "I'm sorry for what happened. Will you give me a moment? I will just..." her voice faded.

"Okay," Changsub stood still looking at her, "I'll be going out now."