Chapter 12

Chuuya's POV

An hour later

"So you can also control bones to your will, that's a very strange and unique ability." Dazai comments. 

"T-Thank you? I don't know how to react to that." Zuzu replies confused. 

"It's a compliment no worries," Dazai smiles. Zuzu nods. 

"Well what now, we determined that Zuzu has an ability," I say. 

"Do you want to call in the others?" Dazai asks. I shrugged while Zuzu looked confused. 
"Others?" 

"Yea others," Dazai repeats. He pulls out his phone and quickly types in a number before pressing it against his ear. 

"Atsushi-kun!" 
"......."
"I'm at the hospital right now visiting a friend, wanna come?"
"............"
"Yea you know them." 
"................."
"No, it's not Aku." 
"........"
"Alright see ya!" 

He cuts the call. 

"Why the weretiger," I grumble. 

"Just cause," Dazai shrugs.

"Weretiger?" Zuzu asks. 

"Yep! His name is Nakajima Atsushi, his ability is transforming into a tiger. Actually, I think you met him? He was there at the crime scene." Dazai says. 

"He was? I have a shitty memory, sorry." Zuzu scratches the back of her head. 

"No problem," Dazai smiles. A few minutes later we heard knocking. 

"Come in!" Dazai replies. The door opens showing him, Kyoka, and Ranpo. 

"OH! You guys!" Zuzu exclaims in sudden realization. 

"Chuuya-san!" Kyoka-chan says surprised and came to hug me. 

"Long time no see, how is it at the agency?" I ask patting her head. 

"Never a day which isn't quiet. It's really fun." Kyoka-chan replies. 

"When did you two have this father-daughter relationship?!" Dazai exclaims. 

"I want to ask too- I thought Kyoka-chan only had a relationship with Kouyou-san and Akutagawa who were her mentors," Atsushi says. 

"I was also one of her mentors? She liked me best although Ane-san was more of the mother to her, I was more of her big brother?" I answer. 

"Were you visiting Kaede-chan?" Kyoka-chan asks. 

"Well no, Dazai dragged me here. That reminds me, I should go visit her." I say thoughtfully. 

"Can I come? I haven't seen her in a long time, Detective work is really busy." Kyoka-chan asks. I smile and nod, 
"Dazai I'll leave the rest to you, I don't want to be in a room full of detectives," I grumble. 

"but Chuuyaaaa" 

"None of that shit, I'll be going now," I say and left the room, Kyoka-chan followed. 

"Chuuya you meanieeee!"  Dazai exclaims but I pay no attention and continue walking off. 

"His mood changed in a blink of an eye-" Zuzu commented. 

"He's like that, but he really cares about orphans since he was one too, and all of us here, are orphans," Dazai says. 

"Eh? he's an orphan? You all are orphans?!" Zuzu exclaims in surprise. 

"That is correct, I found Atsushi-kun..... more like he found me after he ran away from his orphanage, Kyoka was found by the mafia after her parents were killed, Ranpo was found by our President, and I was picked up by the mafia," Dazai explained. 

"What about Chuuya-san?" Zuzu asks, 

"I don't know much of his past, All I know is that after he got betrayed he joined the mafia," Dazai says. 

"Betrayed?!" Almost everyone (Except for our local smartypants) exclaimed. 

"Yes Betrayed. If I remember correctly, he got stabbed near his abdominal area." Dazai replies. 
"But I don't know much before that." 

"As you should, No one needs to know my past," I say walking into the room, Kaede and Kyoka soon following me. 

"Ehhhh- Chuuya-san please, I want to know!" Zuzu pleads. I shake my head. 

"My past is probably worse than yours Zuzu, You don't wanna hear it." I sigh. 
"Can Kaede sit on your bed?" 

"Eh- Uh- Sure?" Zuzu replies confused. I sit Kaede on Zuzu's bed and release my ability with a small sigh. 

"Hi!" Kaede smiles cheerfully. 

"Hey?" Zuzu answers.

"You alright there babycakes?" Dazai asks. 

"Baby-what now??" I exclaim confused. 

"Babycakes!" Dazai smiles. I grit my teeth and sigh to relax.

"Whatever..." I grumble.  

"Awww Chuuya accepted his nickname." Dazai taunts. I glare at him. 

"Shut it," I growl lowly. Dazai puts up his hands in defense. 

"You really can't take a joke can you Chibi~?" Dazai grins. In a blink of an eye, the sole of my shoe is only a few cm away from Dazai's face as a result of a high kick. 

"Well, this Chibi can kick your ass any day," I grumble as I lower my foot. 

"Ahahah, that so Chuuya? Do remember that I can read all of your moves, that's why I didn't even flinch that time~" Dazai smirks a little. 

"Shut it before I actually pulverize your skull," I growl and glared menacingly. 

"Awww you will!?" Dazai exclaims excitedly. I roll my eyes and sigh. 
"Fuck off..." 

Dazai chuckles at my small statement. 

"Are y'all dating?" 

I turn to stare at Zuzu.
"Excuse me?" 

"Ah- sorry- I didn't mean it- I'm sorry-" Zuzu says quickly. 

"What if we say yes tho Zuzu?" Dazai smirks, 
"Would you hate us for being Gay? Are any of you homophobic?" 

Everyone shakes their heads. 

"I would congratulate you not gonna lie, you're the first gay couple I've met," Zuzu replies. Dazai grins.
"See Chuuyaaaa, Nothing to be scared of~" 

"Shut it I'm not scared," I reply. 

"Is too"

"Is not"

"Is too" 

"Shut up!" I growl. 

"Wait so are you-" Zuzu starts. 

"Yep! Chuuya and I are dating!" Dazai smiles. I grumble a little and folds my arms in annoyance.