Chapter 19

Zuzu's POV

It was dark when I wake up. Dark and alone I quickly became scared of my surroundings as I got up from whatever I was on and started walking forward into the darkness trying to find a source of light. I continued to walk yet there was nothing but black. I walk and walk and walk yet there was no sign of anything. I start to slow down before coming to a stop. I sat down, knees high, and my head dug deep. 

"I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone," I repeat to myself. 

Zuzu's Dream / Nightmare end

I gasp out as I sit up. My heart was pounding furiously and I tried to calm down. I couldn't. A glass of water might help... right? I got up from my bed and tried to head for the kitchen. Using the walls, I staggered over through the dark hallways, my heart beat pounding in my ears and my legs were shaking. 

"You can do this Zuzu, just a little more," I whisper to myself. The kitchen was right there, I can see it. But, I made the mistake of going through the living room. I accidentally tripped on the carpet, letting out a yelp as I fell and a groan as I hit the floor. 

"Oww..." I whine as I rub my chin which I hit. Suddenly there was movement above me. 

"Who's there," A deep growl filled my ears. I recognize that voice. 

"A-Akira-... I-Its me, Zuzu," I stutter out. Light blue eyes that seemed to glow in the dark fixated on me. The pupils dilated as it focused. 

"Zuzu? Is Zuzu okay?" Akira asks as he gave me his hand to help me up. I took his hand and he ever so gently pulled me up and let me rest against him. 

"I-I'm okay, I just need a glass of water," I mumble. 

"Stay on couch, I will get," Akira says. He sits me down on the couch and goes off to the kitchen, coming back a few minutes later to hand me a glass of water. I thank him quietly before taking a sip. 

"Better?" Akira asks. I nod. He nods back in acknowledgement. There was an awkward silence between us for a while. 

"You go back to sleep, after drink," Akira says pointing to the half empty glass in my hand. He starts to walk off but I grabbed the hem of his hoodie before he could. He looks back confused. 

"Can I sleep with you... Please..." I mumble. I watch him widen his eyes. 

"Uhm... If Zuzu is okay with it," Akira shrugs. My eyes light up. I finish off my water and goes to place it in the sink before I was led to where Akira's room, where he was staying. Akira gestures to me to get onto the bed. I followed but I didn't expect for Akira to take out a futon and place it on the ground next to the bed. 

"Eh? Akira you're not gonna sleep on the bed?" I point it out immediately. He shakes his head. 

"You would be... Uncomfortable. You take bed. I sleep here," Akira states, continuing to set the futon bed. 

"Akira I asked to sleep with you for a reason, so please..?" I fidget with my fingers. 

"Is Zuzu sure?" Akira asks, just to be sure. I nod. He sighs and puts away the futon before crawling into the bed beside me. I don't know why but, another weight beside me calms me down. Is it like this with just Akira? But for now, I feel my eyes drooping and a small snore escapes from the male beside me. 

"Goodnight Akira," I mumble before I give in to sleep. 

Next Morning

I blink my eyes open and sits up slowly, rubbing my eyes in the process when I felt that something was missing. Oh, Akira is gone. I swing my legs around to stand to go to the living room to see if Akira was there. I wanted to thank him. I slowly trudged out of Akira's room, sleepiness still following me and I looked around. Nothing. He wasn't there. 

"Oh? Good morning Zuzu, you're up early," A voice behind me says. I jump in surprise until I see Chuuya-san. 

"G-Good morning! I-uh- I was just looking for Akira, have you seen him?" I ask. 

"He says he's gonna go to the river for fish," Chuuya-san replies. 

"Fish??" 

"Yes," Chuuya-san affirms. 

"This early?" I question. Chuuya-san nods. 

"According to him, well at the time he set out, the fish would still be half asleep, therefore easier to catch," Chuuya-san shrugs. 

"I see..." I mumbles. 

"Well anyhow, he'll be back so don't worry. He might even bring back a few fish for dinner tonight," Chuuya-san grins. 

"Right!" I smile back. 

"You go do what you need, he should be back in a few hours," 

I nod and walk off.