Chapter 5

Atsushi's POV

I was typing something on my computer when I saw a notification. I opened it and quietly read who it was for. It was for Ranpo-san. 

"Ranpo-san! There's a case for you." I said aloud towards Ranpo-san who was happily drinking some Ramune. 

"Oh? Let me see, let me see..." He replied as he stood up and walked over to me. He peered over my shoulder and I turned the screen towards him. 

"Oh, it's Mr. Minoura," he mumbled as he carefully studied the message. I nodded. He read the letter for a few moments before he stood up straight. 

"Atsushi-kun, are you free?" He asked me.

"I guess?" I replied confused before I connected the dots and got what he wanted and I sighed. 

"You probably know what I want?" He smirked. I nodded. 

"Great! As a reward for that, I'll let you choose someone else to come with us." Ranpo-san said. I blinked at him a little confused but I nodded again before scanning the room. 

{Definetly not Kunikida-san, I don't want to mess up his schedule. Probably not Dazai-san either, I wonder why but he seems to be very tired and sleepy. Tanizaki-san has a case of his own and if he's going Naomi-chan is most likely going as well, Kenji-kun is out.} so I lay my eyes on the only one left.

"Kyoka-chan? Do you want to come with us?" I asked. 

"Eh- O-okay." She agreed and stood up from her desk. 

"You've chosen?" Ranpo-san asked. 

"Mhm," I replied. 

"Great! Let us go! Lead the way Guide!" Ranpo-san grinned. I nodded and we headed out towards the train station. 

Few Minutes Later....  

We arrived at the crime scene. Minoura-san was already there with the other police and in front of him stood two females and one male. 

"Minoura-kun!" Ranpo-san exclaimed and waved at the serious-looking policeman we once helped. 

"Ranpo-san! Thank you for coming." Minoura-san replied and gave a short nod of acknowledgment to us. We nodded back in response. 

"Can you tell me briefly about this case please?" Ranpo-san said. 

"Yes, the victim is Chizuru Takahashi, killed by three bullets to her chest. She is in her twenties and she was a wanted criminal for murder so the reason for her death is probably revenge. The suspects are here, Kira Hayato, he is 19 and his older sister was murdered by Chizuru. Zuzu Adachi 18, her older sister was also murdered but this is an unknown murderer. Most likely Chizuru. Chino Takahashi 18, Chizuru's little sister, and that are about all we know." Minoura-san said as he read off his clipboard. Ranpo-san hummed in thought. He pulled out his glasses from his coat pocket and flung them open. 

"Super Natural Ability: Super Deduction!" He exclaimed as he put them on. After a few moments, he raised a hand up high. 

"The murderer is..... You!" He shouted as he pointed at the petite girl, Zuzu Adachi. 

"Haah?!?" She exclaimed in anger. 
"I did no such thing! Look, I was going to my Taekwondo class when I got pulled over by these damn police!" She showed us a message on her phone which read 

[Zuzu you there? You're late to Taekwondo practice, and you NEVER are, where are you?] 

Surprisingly, it was from Chizuru. She only gave us a few moments to look at it before she put it back into her bag. 

"See, she was still alive when she sent this and I was looking at it when the police pulled me over. 

"Miss, can I look into your bag?" Ranpo-san asked. 

"Yea yea whatever." She replied and harshly gave us her bag. 

"Atsushi-kun, look into her bag for me please, Minoura-kun, may I look at the victim's phone?" Ranpo-san said. Minoura-san nodded and Ranpo-san skipped over to the policemen to ask around who has her things. I put on the gloves I received from a policeman and so did Kyoka-chan, we looked through her things and found her phone, her taekwondo uniform, lunch, a water bottle, her wallet, and a gun. 

"Miss, why do you have a gun in your bag?" I asked. I was doing shooting practice before I was walking over to my class!" She hastily replied. 

"Do you have a gun license?" I questioned with a small sigh. She nodded and grabbed her wallet and handed it to me. I opened it and sure enough, she had a driver's license and a gun license in there, as well as some coins. 

"Hmm...." I hummed quietly and opened the barrel of the gun, exactly three bullets were missing. 

"What about your missing bullets?" I asked. 

"I shot a few rounds at the range and the last time I shot, I shot three times before I left." She answered. 

"You can't leave the range with a loaded gun miss," I said. She grits her teeth at the words. 

"And we have one more proof that determines that's it's you," Ranpo-san said as he came up to Zuzu. 
"Your fingerprints are on her phone, mind explaining?" 

"T-That can't be! The people in my shooting range can vouch for me! I was in there for a full hour!" She shouted. 

"You can set so the message comes at a specific time, you used that didn't you?" Ranpo-san grinned. She glared at Ranpo-san before grabbing her bag and shuffled around it for something, she grabbed out her black taekwondo belt and gripped it with one hand. 

"I'm not going to prison, I'd rather die right here right now." She said and reached up to her neck to tie it when Chuuya-san appeared out of nowhere and knocked it out of her hands with a strong kick. The belt fell to the ground. 

"Don't you dare say you will take your own life when you're only young!" Chuuya-san growled menacingly. 

"And who are you to stop me?!" Zuzu yelled. 

"Someone who's seen too many deaths of their comrades," Chuuya-san replied harshly. I widened my eyes at his words. Was he telling the truth? Zuzu gritted her teeth again before I heard something crunch and she fell to the ground unconscious. 

"She had a pill behind her teeth!" Ranpo-san exclaimed. The police quickly called an ambulance and she was taken away to the hospital. We watched her go in silence before I broke it. 

"Chuuya-san, were the things you said true? Have you seen many deaths happen right in front of you?" I asked. The mafia didn't answer and turned away to walk off. I quietly watched him go towards the bushes and kicked at it. To our surprise, Dazai-san stood up from there putting his hands up in defense, and started to chat with Chuuya-san with a grin on his face. Chuuya-san seemed to reply pretty angrily before walking off and out of sight. 

"Dazai-san?! You were here the whole time?!" I exclaimed. He nodded. 

"I followed you three and also saw Chuuya walking along. I think he saw me hide in here, he has sharp eyes." Dazai-san grinned. 

"O-Oh, well is this case closed? Zuzu wasn't properly arrested." I asked. 

"Most likely, but we probably need to visit her," Dazai-san replied. I nodded in response. 

"Atsushi-kun! Lead the way home!" I heard. I turned around to see Ranpo-san waving me over. 

"Coming Ranpo-san!" I yelled in response. 

"Shall we go?" Dazai-san questioned. 

"Mhm!" I answered and we headed towards Ranpo-san.