Chapter 17

Chuuya's POV

"Akira eh? Nice name. Come this way, I'll get you tested-" 

"No need for that Chuuya-kun, I personally found him in midst of a small wolf pack defending a group of children behind him. He alone was able to fend off 4 and killed 2 while doing so," Mori cuts me off with a grin. 

"Impressive, does he have an ability?" I ask.

"While fending off the wolves he didn't show any sign of having one, you can ask him that yourself," Mori replies. 

"As you wish Boss," I say bowing a little.

"That is all, you may leave. Take Akira with you please," Mori smiles. 

"Will do, come along kid," I said. He nods and we all leave the room. Zuzu trots up beside me and grips my sleeve. 

"Hm? Something wrong Zuzu?" I ask. She shakes her head vigorously but does not let go of my coat sleeve.
"You sure? You're shaking," 

In fact, she was, trembling. 

"I-Is she okay?" Akira stutters. 

"She's like this to everyone when she first meets them, you're fine Akira don't worry," I half-lie to reassure the dark bluenette. 

"O-okay-" Akira nods but still had slight concern in his eyes. We walked in silence to my office. When we entered I sat on my seat and Akira and Zuzu sat on separate couches inside. 

"So, tell me about yourself Akira," I say. 

"Hidashi Akira, 17. Killed parents and ran off with sister at 13. Sister,  taken by police. Say I was too young to take care of her. I want my sister back, so I join." Akira explains. 

"So you came here in the hope to find your sister?" I ask. He nods. 

"Also kill. Bloodthirsty," Akira mumbles. Chuuya's eyes glint in excitement. 

"I like your attitude, though you need to be able to speak properly. Were you perhaps... Born in a tribe?" 

"Pack, was born in pack. Learnt words, few weeks ago," Akira replies. 

"Hm~, interesting. Do you have an ability?" I question. 

"Ability? What is ability?" Akira asks confused. 

"Something others might think is a power," I explained. 

"Power? Is this power?" Akira says before standing up. He starts to faintly glow blue and starts to shift forms. In mere seconds he has transformed into a dark blue wolf with a white underbelly.

"Well, this reminds me of a certain weretiger-" 

Akira shifts back. 

"Not scary?" Akira asks. 

"Nah," I shrug. 

"Really?! When I show, everyone get scared..." Akira mumbles. I chuckle. 

"I've seen worse things Akira, no worries," I say. He nods. 

"Ah, sir. Your name?" Akira asks. 

"Nakahara Chuuya, and she's my adopted daughter Zuzu," I reply with a smile. 

"Nakahara-san and Zuzu" Akira repeats.

"Correct," I grin. Akira smiles back. 

"Nice to meet you Nakahara-san, Zuzu," Akira says. 

"Nice to meet you too Akira," I reply. 

"Sensei, can we go?" Zuzu asks. 

"Hm? Why the rush Zuzu?" I question. 

"No reason, it's just-" 

"Not comfortable?" Akira mumbles. 

"N-no! Nothing like that- I uh-" 

"It's okay. I understand. I'm wolf. No one, comfortable around wolf..." Akira smiles weakly. 

"Akira no-,"

"It's okay. I leave now. Thank you, Nakahara-san." Akira says getting up. He bows before walking out of the room. Zuzu looks down as if she messed up. 

"It's alright Zuzu, he must have been a little anxious. It's his first day here after all. Not your fault," I smiled gently.  

"I made him uncomfortable... I'm sorry Sensei," Zuzu mumbles. 

"It's alright Zuzu. No hard feelings no hard feelings." I say rubbing her back. She nods.
"Let's go shall we?" 

"Yes Sensei," 

We stood up and left my office to go back home. We walked down to streets of Yokohama back to my house when we saw a peculiar sight. It was Akira, nestled in a cardboard box that's been flipped sideways. He was fast asleep. 

"Sensei-" 

"I know, don't worry we're bringing him home," I sigh. I crouched down and gently took him out of the box and cradled him close to my chest so he's comfortable and stood back up. 

"Come along, let's go," I said. Zuzu nods and we walked to our house quickly. 

A few minutes later

We reach the house and get inside. 

"Zuzu, will you be a darling and grab a spare pillow and blanket?" I ask.

"Yes Sensei," Zuzu nods and hurries off. I patiently wait, Akira still in my arms until she runs back. 

"The pillow on one side of the couch," I instruct. She nods again and does what I asked. I gently placed Akira down on the couch and gestures to Zuzu to cover him with the blanket. She obeys. 

"I'm going to cook dinner, look after him while I do so. If he wakes up tell me, I'll be right there," I say pulling my hair into a ponytail and tying it. 

"Yes sir!" She grins. She plops down on a chair beside the couch and watches Akira sleep. I chuckle and walk to the kitchen to start cooking.