Chapter One: The start of something new

ELEVEN YEARS AGO
"You worthless piece of shit! I told you this ability was going to cause nothing but trouble." Dad yelled as he struck me in the head with a beer bottle.

"But I was just defending myself," I replied softly fidgeting with the ring on my right hand.

"Don't talk back to your father you bitch." My mom added with hints of jealousy in her tone.

She slapped me with so much force it sent me to the ground. Once I fell she took her chance to kick me over and over again, when she finished she sat down exhausted.

"Go outside and chop some wood for winter now," Dad demanded me as I was still on the ground in pain.

Quickly getting up to prevent more torture, I limped outside clutching my single bead amethyst chocker as I left. Picking up the ax and wood I began to chop.

"For ten I have dealt with them beating me and putting me down. I need to leave. I need to get out without them finding me." I murmured

"I could help you if your want," A strange man asked coming out of nowhere.

He wore a full black suit and had silky black hair. He stood tall and calm with no sign of hurtful intention. Non the less I picked up the ax and got ready to attack.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I asked calmly

"Who I am is not important, but I want you to come with me and work as a spy for the government. With your ability, the government could benefit in missions. It would get you out of this house as well. What do you say."

"YES!" I replied with no hesitation, little did I know that would become the worst and greatest decision of my life.

~

SEVEN YEARS AGO - THE FIFTEEN ARC
Third POV
A young fourteen-year-old girl with dark grey hair tied in a messy bun and green eyes walked closer to a huge building. This young girl wore black leggings with jean shorts over, a cropped grey tank top, red flannel, and black combat boots. She reached the doors and walked in confidently.

~

"What do you mean we are getting another partner!" the red-haired boy screamed

"I said you might, It all depends on if they are recruited by either one of you or myself. This partner in question is also aware of the truthe behind the former bosses death." an older black-haired man replied

"How?" the red head asked

"They were a witness to one of the explosions earlier this year and pieced the information together."

"And when might we be meeting this possible new partner?" asked a tall brown-haired boy

"Right now!" yelled the young grey-haired girl as she slammed open the doors to the office.

Kane's POV
"The name is Kane, Kane Amejisuto. Nice to meet you" I said holding out my hand with a smile.

They both stood there till I dropped my hand. We stood in silence staring at one another for at least a minute.

"Ok if neither one of you are going to talk I can only assume your mute or worse you're broken."I laughed trying to lighten the mood.

I managed to get a laugh out of the brown-haired boy. He wore bandages on his arms, neck, and right eye.