Chapter Three: Broken

FOUR YEARS AGO - THE DARK ERA
Osamu and I sat inside Lupin's bar drink our normal liquor. He kept flicking the glass until A familiar face walked down the stairs.

"Odasaku, what's up," Osamu said very monotone as he flicked the glass one more time.

The cat that sat in my lap jumped off when Odasaku sat beside me. Osamu looked down at the cat with a soft look in his eyes.

"Sorry to wake you sensai."

"And I was so enjoying having the little ball of fluff on me," I whined causing Osamu to snicker

"Sensai? Why do you call him that?" Odasaku questioned.

"Just look how wise he looks. He gives up his seat when I have guests even if it is Kane's lap. So your not going to believe what happened today."

"Oh, not this again."

"There was this ridiculous shoot out inside a warehouse." He said cheerfully

"Really?"

"I wound up trading shots with a very energetic group of guys, their truck even had a machine gun," he added pointing his finger out like a gun.

"Sound like a hairy situation, so those injuries of yours on the both of you I might add?" asked Odasaku "I am assuming you got those from the hail of bullets."

"Actually it was my own. I had to pee and in my rush, I tripped right into a ditch," he replied resting his head on his arm facing Oda.

"I was unlucky enough to do the same trying to get him out." I laughed leaning back some.

"That so. I guess when you gotta go you gotta go."

"So true." Osamu sighed turning to play with the ice in his drink. "In the end, those guys fell right into my trap and ran away crying."

"And we just barely roughed them up. It is such a shame to see such weak opponents." I add

"I thought they would be able to take me out. No dice. I was disappointed, to say the least." he whined

I heard a saying once from Odasaku that went, the biggest misfortune for Dazai's enemies is they are his enemy's. Honestly, I couldn't agree more. You don't ever want to be on his bad side.

"Ugh, man. Is there some simple reliable way for me to commit suicide somewhere?"

Kane's Notes: Oh yeah forgot to mention he is a total suicide maniac. Not to say I'm not to a point. I just don't care if I die, living is ok but you need something to live for to want to not die.

"Odasaku?" Osamu said getting his attention with a serious tone. "Man fears death but at the same is also drawn to it. Death is endlessly consumed in literature, in city's, in life. It is the singular event the none may reverse. The is what I pursue and desire. Barkeep, one glass of bleach please."

"So cheesy." I sighed

"We're all out."

"Aww, that's a shame. What about a bleach-based cocktail?"

"We're all out." the barkeep repeated

"Looks like your out of luck."

"And that is one way to turn down a suicidal maniac." I chuckled

"You shouldn't let him talk like that Odasaku. Kane." a voice said causing us all to look at the entrance.

"He might not go off the rails if you two called him out every now and then."

"Ango." Osamu and I chimed

"Or a hammer to the back the head might do a better job. Oh, just a tomato juice I have to drive." Ango lectured
"It's been a while. How's work been?" Osamu asked