Chapter Ten: Hush Hush meet-ups

The Next Day
Kane's Notes: Keep in touch with the people you love and care about. You never know when things could go south.

Kane's POV
By the time I got home the night before, I was tired and just plopped down on my futon. I didn't even bother taking off my clothes or even cover myself with a blanket. This in turn made me run late for my meet-up. I ran to the shower while stripping myself of my clothes. I would have to wash them tonight if I was going to wear them tomorrow. As the shower was getting hot I picked out my outfit for the day, a pair of shorts, black leggings, a cropped grey tank top, red flannel, and my usual combat boots. I hopped in the shower and finished as quickly as possible and once out I got dressed. I grabbed my ring and phone, then raced out the door hoping I didn't wake anyone who was sleeping at the time. I was stopped at the bottom of the stairs when I noticed Atsushi and Osamu in the open area. Osamu was in an oil drum and I could only assume he was stuck. Atsushi just stood in front of him. Osamu was explaining how it was another suicide attempt, as the tiger boy just seemed astonished and annoyed. Atsushi looked fed up as he babbled on, so in turn, just pushed the bin over to release him. I walked over to the suicide freak and helped him up.

"You know you should really choose who you call better," I started pulling him from the ground.

"And you really shouldn't look that stunning, but yet here we are." Osamu declared waving his hands back and then stretched right after.

"As much as I'd love to see how far you'd go with this flirting facade, I have places to be. I am very much running late and have no time to chit chat longer." I started giving Atsushi a good morning nod and waving Osamu goodbye as I walked off."I bid you, fair well bandage man. I am off to get coffee and a quick bite to eat."

~

I ran down the street with a coffee and bag of everything bagels in my hand. Throughout this run, I shoved the bagels in my mouth hoping to finish the bag before I got to my destination. When I finally arrived I was 10 minutes late and the finished bag was already in the trash. My flannel was tied around my waist after about five minutes of running. As I walked into the book store looking for the person I was there to meet and only then noticed not only had I forgot to put my hair up but cover up my scars with bandages. Though the only place visible was my less scared-up shoulders. As I looked around I noticed the all too familiar redhead wearing his normal green jacket. Walking closer he peered my way as he glanced around at some books.

"Why hello Michizo." I perked earning a glance from him. He was holding a stack of research books that I assumed were for the Port.

"How's it going big sis?" he asked with a smile.

"Well aside from getting here late and running three blocks at top speed, I am doing great." I chuckled as we walked to sit down at a set of chairs.

He looked up at me after setting the books down on a table. A hand was outstretched with newly written books. One of the books specifically was about a boy who was struggling to understand the world and humanity. This in turn caused him to spiral into loneliness and loss for his place in the world. (AKA This is Osamu Dazai's work No Longer Human ;) ) The other book was poems of all sorts. Some were about nature, animals, or success but others were more morbid and told a tale of life and death. I looked up at Michizo who gave me a nod and went to pay for his book then leave. Before he did though he told me to look at page 69 of the second book. When I did there were two notes one from Michizo and the other from the Akutugawa siblings. Michizo's stated he suggest I not be at the agency for the rest of the day. This of course I was not going to do. The other read as such: