Chapter Nine: Beast Beneath the Moonlight

PRESENT DAY - Armed Detective Agency vs. Port Mafia Arc
Kane's Notes: Well look at that we are finally caught up.

Kane's POV
The past two years were...eventful. Almost every night either Osamu or I were having a bad dream and because of that when they actually did fix up a room for me I only ended up moving next door so we could be there for each other if needed. There were some good things in the past two years though. I became great friends with Ranpo. Aside from Osamu, he was the only one I really trusted, though he did deduce everything about me. I even got stronger and more agile with Doppo's help. So strong I would even go to say that if I doubled my natural skills I could rival Chuuya while he used his ability. But besides that, I had been trying to get over Osamu and start going on not-so-successful dates. To top it off last year I ended up learning I need reading glasses, which sucks, but hey at least I can see. Today I was reading a poem book while sitting at my desk waiting for Osamu and Doppo to get back with any information on the new case. I got a text from Osamu that he planned to drown himself in a river and asked if I wanted to join. I sighed and got up to leave to find the idiot and hoping Doppo hasn't killed him yet.

~

I ran along the river till I got a bridge and in front of that bridge was a passed-out Osamu and strange white-haired kid. Both were soaking wet and the kid was out of breath. I stood there arms crossed as I tapped my foot. Osamu slowly leans up with a confused look on his face. This seemed to scare the kid.

"You were floating down the river. Are you ok?" he said

"Don't worry he does this a lot," I replied which scared him even more.

"I made it. Damn!" Osamu cursed

"What's that?" the kid replied

"Here let me help you up. No getting back in the river." I stated as Osamu took my hand and I helped him up.

"Tell me are you the one who interrupted my submersion?" Osamu asked directed to the kid.

"You don't remember? Yes, I saved your life. Wait, submersion?" the kid replied

"Snappy one aren't ya?" I commented. Osamu faced the setting sun while I faced the surprised kid.

"You don't get it. I was trying...to kill myself." Osamu said bluntly putting his hands in his pockets and turn to the kid.

"Suicide!?"

"Sure and I think everything was going so swimmingly. But you interfered and ruined my day." Osamu scolded

"Really with the puns. What have I said about the puns?" I asked Osamu

"They are the lowest form of comedy." he sighed

"Exactly," I said flicking him on the forehead.

"It's not all your fault," Osamu said going back to the kid. "My goal is to commit a completely clean suicide without burdening anyone. Yet I did trouble you so the fault does lay with me. I should apologize."

"Or better yet we could make it up to him." I suggested as the kid's stomach growled "Are you hungry?"

"Well the truth is I haven't eaten in several days," he replied as Osamu's stomach growled

"How odd I am also hungry," Osamu said monotone

"Lucky coincidence." the kid added clearly enthused

"But I am afraid the river has taken my wallet," he replied pulling at his pockets only to have frogs jump out.

"Sadly I didn't bring my wallet. I didn't think I would need it." I stated