Chapter Ten- If These Walls Could Talk

(The Killers POV)

I was so tired of feeling like I was constantly being overlooked. I wanted to stand up on the tabletops and scream look here you assholes, do you see me? Do you see my power? They didn't even understand the full extent of what I had done. What I could do.

I reminded myself that I had needed to draw them out for them to even know I existed. I let the whispers wash over me. Console me. Remind me that I was coming out from the shadows.

The whole town was buzzing about the bodies and the fact that there was a serial killer loose. Little did they know, I was right in front of them.

The only thing marring my moment was the blonde sitting across the bar. Although I was the topic of the bulk of conversation right now, every once and a while I would hear Josie's name.

Either they were talking about the fact that they were so glad that she came home because it was a relief to have another police officer around, or they were talking about her and Lincoln.

I had heard Josie was back because she'd been shot but I had a feeling that she was here because she wanted to help catch me.

It was perfect. I knew I only had so much time left in Fenelon. I had planned on taking down Lincoln, what better way to show my strength than to take out our Chief of Police. Now I considered the fact that I could add Josie to my plans.

She had always been a snide little bitch. It pissed me off that she was hailed as a hometown hero. So what, she had broken up a ring of dirty cops. I had never understood why Jon needed to tell everyone and their mother about his superhero daughter.

I felt my teeth grind at the looks of longing Lincoln and Josie were currently tossing towards each other. I couldn't believe that they still carried a flame after all these years, and I wished I had killed her years ago.

When they walked out of the bar together, I had to take some deep calming breaths and then immediately started to make plans. I wanted all their attention on me and not on each other.

When I left Fenelon, I was going to leave on top of my game. I'd make the world a better place by erasing those two assholes and then be free to find my happiness.