Ending

"Hey Evan." Connor said, a hand on his hip.
"Uh, look, I'm sorry Conn-"
"I forgive ya. You know I'm a simp."
"Uh, you shouldn't."
"What? Not be a simp or not forgive you?"
"Not forgive me."
"Well, I'm a simp, so yeah."
Heidi gave him a right hug. "Why did you listen to your dad?"
"I don't really know, now that I think about it. I guess I just wanted to keep our father-son relationship together." Evan responded.
Heidi dragged him by the ear, "DO NOT EVER FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN!"
"Ms. Hansen," Alana spoke up, "how would Evan do it again? He's dead."
"WELL I HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR A STERN TALK ABOUT NOT LETTING ANYONE CONTROL YOU!"
"Haha, okay mom."
"By the way," Evan turned to Connor and Alana, "Zoe wanted me to tell you guys she said hi."
"You think she'll be okay?" Alana looked back at the ship from where Evan came.
"She's tough." Connor said and wrapped an arm around Evan. "She'll be okay eventually."
With that, our beloved dead peeps left off at that.
      ~MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE SHIP~
"It's done." Zoe walked back to her mother. She gave her a huge hug. "Mom, I'm so sorry." What seemed like the third time in this book, she cried into her mother's shoulder.
Cynthia shushed her daughter. "It's okay honey. Mommy's here."
They returned back to Earth, promising that they would always have each other's back. Yes, they were damaged and hurt by the event, but the least they could do was live their lives for Evan, for Alana, for Connor and Heidi because they knew they'd survive it and endure it. They drove back, planning to rent a movie that Friday. And so, the surviving members of our story lived, not happily ever after, but in peace and gratefulness.
                      ~Crewmate Win~
(310 words)