13.13

I don't know how or why we ended up as friends again, maybe it was because our beautiful blue faded and it grew stronger between her and the new girl who came in and completely took her away. Maybe it was because after my dad came around the only color I saw was a grey. Maybe it was because deep down I couldn't give her the love she wanted because I knew our beautiful blue was turning a red shade when Gia came around and made her smile. So now we're here. I'm watching her fall for someone new and didn't really know how to tell her everything I had to say. "Are you okay?" She asked me, this is the first time I heard her voice since she held me in my room and slowly drifted away after that. I didn't say anything, not because I was angry but because nothing came out when I opened my mouth. People call your first love a learning experience, but what if that experience left color traces on your skin of a beautiful blue where she touched you and where the feelings you felt touched you. I wasn't angry because deep down it was my fault that I drifted away. Drifted away like a boat on the beautiful sea that matched our love. Our love was out of my control, it was too much love for my color theory to understand. Too much love for my heart to comprehend. Too much love too little time in the world. Because I knew deep down I will continue to love her until forever falls apart.
When homecoming came around I didn't feel like going, I didn't feel like experiencing the overflow of colors or watch Billie dance with Gia all night. I couldn't be angry because I pushed her away. I colored our blue a red when I jumped to assumptions, but were they really assumptions if they ended up together? Was I really crazy when they ended up together? Or was I crazy for allowing the silence to take over us? I hate the color blue.