Intro/ Chapter 1: First Rehearsal

Intro

My heart was beating fast. This was my second big role in my acting career. Well, starting off. I was super excited to get this role. Mandy really thought she had it, but she was so wrong. I was wearing a white corset that made my breasts show very well. White stockings that stopped at my knees. Hair curled. Makeup that made my eyes pop. I was super nervous that we were starting off the first day practicing this song. Never would I have imagined performing in 'Phantom of the Opera' in high school. With the hottest jock, Jack Mankley. The music started to play. The mirror door opened; my eyes were greeted by none other than the phantom.

There was one problem, it wasn't Jack. This phantom had softer eyes. As he held out his hand, the magic of the theater over took my body. Pulling me towards him. The mask covered the top half of his face, leaving his mouth exposed. This wasn't the mask we agreed on. My eyes were distracted by his beauty. I've never experienced anything like this before. I took his hand as he led me through the mirror.

Chapter 1:

We traveled through the tunnel. His eyes were looking back to check on me. I was completely under his spell. No acting was needed. He could have gone anywhere, and I would have followed him to the ends of the earth. He gave me a small smirk. I almost forgot my lines. I've never been off my game before. Start singing!

In sleep he sang to me....

In dreams, he came.

That voice which calls...

And speaks thy name.

But now I find...

The Phantom of the Opera is there....

Inside my mind.

I didn't notice the props around us. My mind was entranced by him. It's getting darker down the tunnel. He had a mysterious smile across his lips. As if he was almost pleased that I was in his grasp. Nothing could ruin this moment. The sound of my heart beating echoed in my ears. There was a light at the end of the tunnel. He started singing.

Sing once again with me...

My power over you, grows stronger yet...

And though you turn from me...

The Phantom of the Opera is there

Inside your mind.

His voice was almost like an angel's. A shiver went down my spine as he sang. Was this all real? Or was this only in my mind? I couldn't believe this was actually happening. In front of us was the boat. We were doing the boat scene this soon? My heart was racing. He helped me into the boat. I crawled to the front and positioned myself. He climbed on and grabbed the poll. We started moving as if we were in a real river. The boat glided across the stage. I couldn't see out into the audience. The lights were blinding us. I heard my que.

Those who have seen your face...

Drawn back in fear...

I could hear his voice behind me.

It's me they hear.

This is the part where we chimed in together. Could I make it through the scene without trying to get his mask off? I wanted to know who he was.

Thy spirit and thy voice...

In one combined.

The Phantom of the Opera is there...