Chapter 15: The Big Night

It was finally here. The night we've all been waiting for. Everyone thought the phantom would appear once again the last night of practice. It was very quiet. The principal sat in and gave us his final approval. It might be the only reason why he didn't show. The dressing room was buzzing. All the girls were rushing around. Clothes flying everywhere. Make up powder filled the air. I had two people helping me get ready. My gold dress had coins attached. Almost like a belly dancers outfit. Once they fixed my hair, they didn't put make up on me. I would need make up later when I met the phantom. My heart was worried. I really hoped he wouldn't try to take me away...

Two Hours Earlier:

Mandy was sitting on the bleachers, practicing her notes. Amy was inside with Rex. She was getting sick of his demands and was so happy the show would finally start. Trent was also inside, helping with last minute details. Adam had his arm wrapped around my shoulders. My head was filled with nothing but worry. The phantom said he was going to take me away. He's not going to let me go once he had me. Adam saw my face. "Nervous about tonight?"

I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. "Its more about him." I mumbled under my breath. Adam sat up and stared at me. "He said..."

Adam rolled his eyes. "Why does it matter? He says a lot of shit." He pulled me closer to his chest. His soft eyes meeting mine. "I don't care if he said the sky was purple. You're not going anywhere. You have a say."

My eyes narrowed to the ground. "If only that was easy."

Mandy stopped singing and glanced over at us. "Hey love birds, better say whatever you can now. This place is going to turn into a zoo in a couple of hours." She started walking down the bleachers. Adam glanced back at me. "Come on, let's practice for a little bit before the show." He grabbed my hand and led me back to the auditorium. Inside, was a mess. Trent was on stage setting the props up. Amy and Rex were in the audience bickering about something. Mandy purposely was sitting in the 66 seat. We made our way onto the stage. Rex grabbed his hair. "It's because of the phantom that the principal is having cops here!"

Amy sighed. "Its to keep us safe. He's crazy!"

Some people stopped what they were doing to listen. Rex chugged his coffee. "Well, we cannot let him ruin this."

Trent sat on the edge of the stage. "Why don't we trap him? The police are here. Let them capture him." Some people nodded. His eyes went to Amy's. "Where's the trap door?" She pointed to the left. Trent walked over and tapped on the trap door. It immediately opened up. Adam and Trent looked at each other. Trent nodded. "We. Have all been blind. And yet the answer is staring us in the face."

Adam nodded back. "We. Will play his game. Perform this play but remember we hold the ace."

They both looked at me. "For if, Krissy sings. He's surely to come."

A random kid jumped up. "We are certain the police are here."

"We are certain they're armed!"

"The curtain falls, his reign will end!" Everyone joined in. Clapping and cheering came across the room.

Present:

Knocking came to the door, "FIVE MINUTES TILL CURTAIN CALL!" The girls rushed around even more. Some started to rush to the stage. After a few minutes, the room was empty. I quietly sat in the chair. Amy snuck into the room. "Ready for the big night?"

My eyes slowly met hers. "I was. When I auditioned, got the role. I was more than excited." Looking away, "My excitement slowly faded away when the phantom started causing chaos. When he first came around, it was a fun mystery. But... he changed. He grew colder. His eyes aren't the same when I look into them, there's nothing. He's jealous and controlling when it comes to me." Pausing, "I'm actually glad its coming to an end."