Chapter 10: He's Dangerous

Amy's point of view:

Adam hit the high note and finished. Rex stood up and clapped. Trent gazed at her then at the stage. Rex sighed. "Alright. How about a couple scenes where the phantom is alone?" Adam smiled on stage and nodded. Amy looked around the room. "Where's Krissy?"

Trent looked around too. "Maybe she went to the bathroom? Want me to check backstage?"

She shook her head. "I have to go to Rex's office anyway. I'll be back in five minutes." She got up and headed backstage. She walked down the steps, heading to the office. There was a humming sound coming down the hallway. She silently creeped down, trying not to make a sound. She hit the corner and slowly peaked around. A man dressed in all black was quietly opening the backdoor. He was humming what Adam was singing. His face slightly turned towards her. His eyes were covered with a mask. Amy hid behind the wall. It was the phantom! The one Krissy talked about. Her eyes peeked around again. The phantom picked something off the ground. It was Krissy! She was unconscious. The phantom sang a soft tune, loud enough for her to hear.

Leave us be... She will return tonight to her home safe and sound.

You need not to worry, Krissy is under the angel of music's wing.

And with that, slipped out the backdoor. Amy stood in view as the door slammed shut. She couldn't believe her eyes. He took her, just like that. What did he want with her? Why in the middle of practice? A loud noise came from the front of the auditorium. Amy raced back up there. Mandy stormed towards Rex. Amy jumped the stairs and headed towards Rex. "SOMEONE RUINED THE STAGE! I KNOW IT WAS THAT BITCH!"

Rex shook his head confused. "How did she wreck it? Whoever she is, you're talking about."

"Krissy! Where is she?" Mandy was puffing and angrily shaking. Her friends were trying their hardest to keep her calm. Adam jumped off stage. "Krissy was with me up until you arrived. She went to the bathroom."

Rex crossed his arm. "Show us the damages." She had Rex and Amy come outside. The stage was spray painted with little messages on it. Everyone started following us outside. As they got closer, they could read it more clearly.

One side wrote, "Don't mess with the phantom."

Another side wrote, "The show ends opening night."

On the actual stage, "You silenced one phantom, care to try again?"

Mandy stood there pouting in tears. "I want that little bitch in handcuffs."

Rex gave her a dirty look. "Can't your father just repaint it?"

"He can but I want justice. She cannot keep ruining my life!" Amy got in her face. Mandy took a couple steps back. "I've kept quiet for a long time. Now I'm not going to. You have done nothing but make her life a living hell. You've bullied her ever since her mom died. She has done nothing to you. I know for a fact she would never risk losing her role just to get back at you. Now I suggest you call daddy and tell him to repaint the fucking stage! It was the phantom who did this! He's taunting us you dumb bitch." Mandy quietly backed away and called her dad.

Rex wiped his forehead. "Lucky for us, this isn't for another few days. A quick paint job can fix this." Amy rolled her eyes and started walking back to the auditorium. Trent caught up with her. "Everything okay?"

She shook her head. Adam came over to them. "Look, I lied about Krissy. I actually haven't seen her since that one scene all three of you did."

The guys stared at Amy. She felt guilty for not stopping the phantom. But what could she have done? She had nothing to stop him with. A thought came to her mind. If she tried to stop him, would he have killed her? Her eyes glanced up at them. "He took her." Without even asking, they both knew who. Adam gave a serious look. "When is he going to bring her back?"