Chapter 16: The Final Performance

I woke up to loud singing. My eyes tried to focus. My body went to move but stopped. I was tied down to a wooden chair. Looking around, I was in the phantom's lair. The singing grew louder. Cameron stepped out of the room at the top of the stairs. "Down once more to the dungeons of my black despair! Down we plunge to the prison of my mind!"

He smirked at me as he made his way down. "Aren't you glad it's finally over? You got your wish. You know who I am now."

Shaking the chair, my hands were bound behind my back. "What you did was selfish. You hurt so many people. You almost killed me." He jumped the last step and got in my face. His eyes didn't leave mine. His face was stern. I didn't show any kind of facial expression. Cameron smirked. "You'll thank me later. Besides, we can't keep our guest waiting." He walked over to the camera room. Went behind the curtain and grabbed something. He dragged it out by its feet. My eyes widened. It was Adam! He was unconscious. Tied up in a thick rope. He dropped Adam in front of me. Cameron pointed at him. "I told you to end things with him. I'll do it for you." He walked out of sight. I used my foot and started kicking him. "Adam. Wake up." I whispered. He came back with an anchor. He grabbed the lose piece of rope and tied it to the anchor. My body started wiggling around, trying to break free. "Please don't hurt him!" I screamed.

Cameron rolled his eyes. "You'll never be with me if he's alive. I have to get rid of the competition."

I froze. "You killed Kyle because you were jealous? You can't go around killing everyone who likes me!"

He ignored me. "Soon, his body will be floating at the bottom of this sewer. It might take the police a little while to find him. It will give us enough time to escape." He double knotted the rope then tugged tightly. Adam still wasn't waking up. My heart was beating fast. I couldn't let him die. Glancing up at him, "I thought I had feelings for you." Cameron stopped. "Everything was magical. The way you made me feel when we were together. It was almost like destiny had chosen us. But the more you became obsessive, a killer, and let your jealousy get the best of you. It has made me realized that I don't want anything to do with you."

He raised his eyebrow at me. "What are you trying to say?"

Tears ran down my face, "The tears I might have shed, grow cold and turn to tears of hate!" My voice echoed throughout the entire place. Adam started twitching around. He was waking up! My mouth dropped. Cameron quickly started dragging him to the water. "NO! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Adam kicked his leg out, tripping Cameron. Adam reached into his pocket and opened up a switch blade. He started cutting the rope. I was shaking the chair, trying to free myself. Cameron stood up, wiping the blood off of his bottom lip. He grabbed Adam's legs and dragged him to the edge. Adam was still trying to cut the rope. Cameron smirked. "Try all you want. A small blade isn't going to set you free." His eyes glanced at me. "Not even her pleas can save you."

My whole body was shaking from fear and anger. "Please. Let Adam go. I'll surrender myself to you."

Adam's head shot up. "DO NOT GIVE INTO HIM!"

Cameron held his hand against his mouth and yawned. He used his foot and pushed Adam into the water. I screamed. He grabbed the anchor and tossed it in. Tears ran down my face as my screams echoed throughout the sewer. Cameron walked over and slapped me. I grew quiet. He grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. "No more tears for him. You belong to me and only me." He untied me from the chair. Grabbing my arm, he yanked me up the steps. I used my weight to pull myself down to the floor. He only got pissed and dragged me the rest of the way. On the bed, was a white wedding dress. It was vintage and delicate looking. He shoved me into the room. "You have five minutes to change. Refuse and I'll kill your father next." He stormed back down the steps. Tears fell to the floor. This wasn't a normal person. This man was a psychopath. I did as he asked. The dress started from my neck and had long sleeves with buttons on the end. The only thing I couldn't get was my back. Cameron came back. Once he saw me, he smirked. "Krissy, you look so beautiful." He walked over to me. His hand went to my back. His fingers ran down my bare back. I fought back the tears. He zipped up the dress for me. A loud crash came from out in the lair. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to see what it was.