Chapter 12: Will the Show Go on?

The side doors opened. "Halftime is coming up!" A voice shouted.

Rex clapped his hands. "Alright people. Let's move out!" Everyone headed out the doors and towards the football field. Adam and Trent stayed by my side. Adam had my arm wrapped around his. He was making sure we didn't get separated. Everyone got on the stage. Once everyone was on, the truck began to pull it out to the field. There were so many lights. Lots of people sat in the bleachers. Soon as we got to our spot. We began.

MASQUERADE!

Paper faces on parade!

Hide your face so the world can never find you.

Everyone was dancing and singing around. Trent and I were dancing together. Adam had to hide in the back. The people in the bleachers behind us could clearly see him hiding. But he was pretended to hide and watch us. The crowd left just Trent and I on stage. The phantom showed his face to the front of the audience.

"No more talk of darkness. Forget these fears. I'm here. Nothing can harm you." Trent sang.

I smiled. "Say you'll love me every waking moment. Turn my head with talk of summertime."

Trent held my hands, pretending to look at me lovingly. Adam was sneaking around the stage, trying to get a better view of us. The audience was captivated by us. Trent and I sang loudly. "ANYWHERE YOU GO, LET ME GO TOO. LOVE ME, THAT'S ALL I ASK OF YOU." We kissed. The audience clapped loudly. We smiled at each other and rushed off stage. Adam slowly came out holding a rose. Trent stayed by my side as we watched Adam perform. He really got the audience attention when he sang loudly. My heart skipped a couple beats from his high notes. They clapped once again. I rushed back out stage, this was our last chance. Adam grabbed me and led me around like we were heading for his lair. "In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came. That voice which calls me to and speaks my name." My mind thought of our very first rehearsal. The phantom's eyes are what caught my attention. How so many things have changed since that day. Adam and I sang loudly as if we were entering his world. Once I hit my last high note, the audience stood up and cheered loudly. Some even whistled. Rex came out onto the field with a microphone. "Thank you everyone. Tickets for our show go on sale tonight!" The crowd clapped once again. Adam and I bowed before them. The stage started moving off the field. Adam's eyes met mine. "You did great."

"So did you." I kissed him. His face blushed a little bit. He started walking towards the stairs. I went to walk but fell through the trap door Mandy had planted. Everything grew dark once it shut. My eyes tried to adjust to the darkness. I landed on something soft. Standing up, I started banging on the walls. "HELP!" I shouted. Nothing. A light suddenly appeared from the darkness. My eyes squinted to see what it was. The phantom stood there with a candle stick in hand. My mouth dropped. My body was shaking from fear. He came over towards me. "I didn't want to take this road. But you've left me no choice." He stood right in front of me. His hand grabbed my arm and pinned it behind my back. I started struggling. My mind was panicking. "NO! HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!" A cloth covered my mouth. I tried to fight back but it was useless. He made sure I kept breathing in the chloroform. Banging could be heard on the outside. A loud voice was booming. "SOMEONE OPEN THIS FUCKING THING UP NOW!"

The phantom groaned. "So, your new lover has come the rescue. He's no match for me." His hand moved away. I dropped to the ground trying to breath. Everything was getting blurry. My head was spinning. The phantom dropped to my level. "You belong only to me. He can never have you. Once this is over, you will come back with me. Or I'll kill everything that you love." A piece of the wall broke down. The phantom ran his fingers down my hair. "You're so beautiful Krissy. I can't wait to have you home with me." Another piece of the wall broke down. "Until we meet again my love." He pulled my head up to kiss me. Tears fell down my cheeks. Another piece flew past my head. The phantom took off in another direction. A couple hands pulled the boards apart. Adam jumped inside. He rushed over to me. "Krissy! Krissy, are you okay?"